Chapter 20

POV: Hanni

I groaned as I felt the cold sheets beside me. Ugh, where is Minji?

The growl of my stomach briefly interrupted my thoughts. Maybe she could be in the kitchen.

I jumped out of bed, shivering as the chilly air hit my naked skin. Quickly crossing my arms, I ran over to the closet to get a robe. Once the fluffy, warm fabric enveloped my body, I let out a sigh.

Quietly making my way down the stairs, I let out a yawn and haphazardly searched for Minji. I didn't see her anywhere on the way to the kitchen, so I shrugged it off for now and started to make breakfast, stumbling around while collecting all the ingredients.

BANG!

I jumped and covered my mouth, so I didn't scream. What the hell was that?

"Fuck," I heard a deep voice grumble. Looks like I know where she is.

I tiptoed my way toward the sound and saw Minji hunched over the front door to the house, metal tools laying on the hardwood floor all around her. Once I got closer to her, hearing my soft footsteps, she turned around.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you."

I waved her off, "Don't worry about it. You didn't," my gaze drifted toward the door behind her, "What are you doing?"

"Just some safety precautions," she shrugged.

I walked closer to the door to see what exactly she was doing, and what I saw had my jaw dropping so far down, that it would be halfway to China. Three giant deadbolt locks were attached to the side of the door, and from the looks of it, she wasn't done.

"What are you doing? Preparing for the purge?" Yes, we watched it last night.

An amused grin appeared on her face. "I'm just making sure nothing happens to you. My number one priority now is keeping you safe."

Even though my heart exploded and I wanted to cry from how much she cares about me, I thought this was going too far.

"Baby, I'm sure one is enough."

"Maybe, but I'm not taking any chances. I have to do the windows after this too."

"You don't have to do this," I started.

"But I want to. It'll help me go to work and not worry as much about not being here to protect you."

I smiled at her words. "You worry about me?"

"How could I not? You're on my mind all the time." Minji stated nonchalantly while my heart was beating a thousand times a second. How could I get this lucky?

I walked closer and pulled her into a kiss, which she instantly returned. My hands made their way into her hair, and her arms tightened around my waist. I gently nibbled on her lip, which elicited a groan from her. She pulled me up to bring me closer and I wrapped my legs around her waist.

Minji started to carry me somewhere, but I didn't really care where. I broke the kiss with one last lingering peck to the lips, moving to the corner of her lips instead. I traveled from her lips to her cheek to her jaw and down to her neck, gently sucking and nibbling as I went. I could hear her breathing become heavier as I continued to kiss her down her neck. I moved over to her Adam's apple to give it a quick peck before I gently sucked on it, causing a sharp inhale from her.

I didn't even notice that she set us down on a nearby couch. Minji was sitting, while I was straddling her, sitting right over a very hard part of her. Her hand gripped my butt as my hand slowly moved down to her shoulders and then her chest, unbuttoning the top few buttons of her shirt. Right as her hands met the tie or my robe, our heated gazes met one another, she slowly pulled the rope to let the robe fall open. Just as I leaned in, flicking my glance to her lips, the door burst open.