Chapter 12 "Red Maple Earl"

"Seven days and you're already promoted to a full-fledged knight? How did you manage that?" Klarsu was extremely puzzled, as there was no apparent change in Loge's soul wavelength or life fluctuations compared to before.

He almost thought Loge had been possessed by a devil.

"I don't really know. It's probably because of a second awakening of my bloodline," Loge casually replied, trying to brush off the question.

Klarsu extended his paw and licked it thoughtfully. After a moment of contemplation upon hearing Loge's response, he nodded. "That's very likely. Seven days ago, your mental strength suddenly increased. I thought my senses were off, but now it seems that your bloodline indeed awakened, giving rise to new talents, thus boosting your mental strength and activating your bloodline, which in turn accelerated your cultivation speed."

Watching Klarsu's serious speculation, Loge nearly burst out laughing but managed to hold it in, nodding solemnly instead. "Yes, that's exactly it. After being provoked by Sis, my mental activity increased significantly, and my learning ability improved a lot. It should indeed be the awakening of a new bloodline talent!"

...

"What? You're already a full-fledged knight?" Beif couldn't believe it. He thought Loge had taken a leave of absence to calm down and accept reality, but it turned out he was brewing something big.

"But wait, according to my observations, your life seed is far from being activated. How did you manage to activate it in just seven days?" Beif grabbed his beard firmly, his mind racing for answers.

Then, suddenly, as if he realized something, his face changed dramatically. Placing both hands on the table and leaning in close to Loge, he demanded in a stern voice, "You didn't use any stimulant potions, did you? That's strictly forbidden by the Imperial Court, and you should know the consequences!"

Loge reluctantly took a step back, wiping the saliva from his face, and repeated Klarsu's guess word for word.

"A second awakening of the bloodline?" Beif's emotions eased as he pondered, giving Loge a sideways glance. "That's possible. Although such cases have become rare after the curse of the Dawn Empire, they're not unheard of..."

"But whether your bloodline has awakened or not isn't up to you or me; it's up to Count Herbert's inspection."

"Because... if you've truly relied on a bloodline awakening to become a full-fledged knight, you'll be the first in line to inherit the Campbell family!"

With these words, Beif seemed to be filled with emotion. Fate really enjoyed playing tricks on people.

First, it was Loge, and now it was Sis...

The latter probably had no idea that his brother had quietly caught up with him.

Beif had already believed most of what Loge said.

It would be pointless to deceive him. The Red Maple clan, and even the entire Imperial Court's scrutiny of superhuman life, was quite strict.

Especially for someone like Loge, with a special status, Count Herbert himself would personally inspect him.

Using strong medicine could indeed bring rapid progress, but the aftermath was also very obvious. Experienced superhumans could easily detect it.

Moreover, there were various sophisticated instruments for analysis. Trying to deceive them was simply impossible.

Furthermore, there was the matter of real combat testing.

As a warrior race, the Radaya people judged whether a tribe member qualified as a superhuman not just by their rank, but also by their actual combat skills.