4:01

'Where there is a witch, there is a way.' Gala thought as she sat on the bench in the middle of the town square. Her tears had long since dried as she watched the sky turn colors as the morning sun started to rise.

She never made it to Zoe's apartment. Gala wanted to clear her mind and think before running off and dropping the news that her brother was dead.

Because, truth be told, she didn't believe he was. He couldn't be. How could a hybrid die? He was stronger and smarter than that.

But now that the sun was rising, Gala decided to head back to the mansion. Though she took a moment to collect herself outside the front door, taking a deep breath and entering.

The first thing she did was make her way up to her room, freshening up for the new day before heading back downstairs. Gala had a few things she needed to get done.

First was to find Rebekah. She hadn't seen her all night and honestly, she just wanted to know she was okay. Second, was to find Klaus' body. Since Gala didn't believe he was dead, then finding the body would be best.

And third, was to make sure that the few people left that she cared about was not dying at the hands of the council.

Gala had made it to one of the many rooms that contained Klaus' things, some being packed away and some not. But what caught her attention was Rebekah was standing next to one of Klaus' desks. She had yelled out in anger as she swiped the remaining items across the room.

"He's dead." Rebekah said as she turned to see her older sister who was far too composed for her liking. "How are you not upset?"

"Because I don't believe he is dead." Gala explained as she stepped further into the room and placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. "If he was truly gone, so would he."

Gala nodded in the direction over her shoulder. She had heard the vampire enter their home before they had seen him.

"You should know better than to sneak up on a lady." Rebekah said when she knew that it was Damon Salvatore that had entered the room.

"Good advice. Have you seen one?" Damon questioned as he stepped further into the room as Rebekah turned around.

"Tragic about Elena." Rebekah taunted the man. "Not to make the gray cloud grayer but does Matt even have automobile insurance?"

"Wait, what happened to Elena and Matt?" Gala questioned looking between the two before settling on Rebekah. "Rebekah, what did you do?"

"Yeah. Do tell what you did." Damon gritted his teeth as he glared at the woman.

"The two just went for a little late-night swim off the Wickery Bridge." Rebekah said like it was not a big deal.

"Rebekah." Gala scolded her causing the girl to turn to face her.

"Don't look at me like that. I did what had to be done." Rebekah said standing by what she did. "They put our brother down and he couldn't defend himself. We needed to be rid of Alaric to survive. And honestly, I would pick any of us over her any day."

Damon didn't like that too much. He was quick to rush as the blonde original. He spun her around while pulling the white oak stake from his pocket. He raised the weapon ready to bring it down, but Gala intercepted.

She rushed at the vampire and grabbed his arm, stopping the final blow. Rebekah turned to see Gala had grabbed Damon's wrist, stopping him from killing the girl. Rebekah was quick to grab Damons's neck, squeezing tightly. He let go of the stake as he began gasping for air.

Gala smirked at Damon as she watched the stake fall to the ground. The smirk fell from her face as gunfire shattered the window behind them. She let go of Damon's wrist and turned to the window in time for a wooden arrow to soar through the air, landing in her heart.