°•1

××Words:1608××

St. Bonaventure's Trauma Surgeon, Audrey Lim, is temporarily transferred to a hospital in Casper, Wyoming. She comes back with more than just gifts for her co-workers.

|==========|
|---|2006|---|
|==========|

"Melendez, I'm pretty sure that there's someone out there who needs your attention more than me." Audrey claimed as she shrugged her lab coat off with one arm, the other's hand holding her phone to her ear.

"Lim, I'm just-" Melendez sighed, she could hear the arrogant little prick's smile in his voice, "I'm just checking in on you. I heard one of the nurses mention that you took your Ducati with you."

Lim swapped ears with her phone, emptying the pocket. "Well duh, I'm not leaving my baby all the way back at San Jose." the trauma surgeon leant her phone against her shoulder with her head tilted as she folded the lab coat, "Are you going to cut to the chase or should I just tell you why I'm here?"

Lim could hear Melendez say hello to somebody, then his voice changed a tad: he was walking. "I thought you liked the thrill? Isn't a cliffhanging-dragged-on-lengthened conversation just that?"

"No," Lim put her lab coat on her shelf, sitting in her office chair afterwards. "it's annoying."

"I won't ask you to describe me in one word then, beca-"

"Cardiothoracic Surgeon of St. Bonaventure Neil Melendez." Lim interrupted with her "I am so done with you I'm calling you by your title" nickname, "I am here because St. Bonaventure Hospital owes this hospital, and I have a friend here who asked for me specifically. They felt that it was right to do one of their best doctors, my friend, right for her service and get me pulled in. Are we done here? Yes? Good, bye."

And just like that, Lim hung up. She tossed her phone on the top of the desk, sighing. She buried her face in her hands and let out a small shrill of rage. She'd been working so hard and was running on coffee. Not that that was unusual, just that she'd been doing it more than usual.
She had to admit, she'd be glad that once home, Dr. Glassman would most likely make her take a few days off.

"Ugh.. I was too mean.." Lim mumbled to herself, shaking her head. "I can't believe I used to- to have a crush on that moron in our residency days.."

Just then, her phone rang.
Lim sighed, picking it up and pressing answer.

"Neil I'm sorry I-"

"Miss Lim!" a young boy's voice came from the phone, panicked and scared.

"Shaun?" Lim's attention was peaked, worried. "Shaun, what's wrong?"

"St-Steve he- he fell- Steve fell, my brother fell, he fell!" Shaun repeated over the phone, sniffling.

"Shaun, Shaun I'm coming to you, keep the phone on." Lim told him as she got up, grabbing her warm coat. "Tell me what happened, is he bleeding?"

Lim continued to calmly ask questions, while she was panicking on the inside. She'd heard about the Murphy brothers when they brought a rabbit over, not knowing what to do with it. Lim helped deal with them, and the little of the two brothers, Steve, said that it was "never going to happen to them again".