ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴄᴏɴꜰʀᴏɴᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

::::**•°𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐈 𝐒𝐀𝐍 °•**::::

....::::**•°𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐈 𝐒𝐀𝐍 °•**::::....

As I finished dressing, the gloomy and dark weather outside seemed to mirror the storm brewing in our lives. Wooyoung stirred from his sleep, his movements slow and disoriented at first. He propped himself up on his elbows, blinking away the remnants of sleep as he focused on me. His expression was one of mild confusion mixed with curiosity as he took in my appearance.

"You look like a mafia boss," he commented with a half-smile, his eyes scanning my outfit—a black turtleneck jumper, a long black coat that fell to my knees, adding an air of stark severity to my demeanor.

I turned to face him fully, meeting his gaze as I adjusted my coat. "Maybe I should become one, would be interesting," I replied with a smirk, playing along with his light-hearted attempt to ease the tension that hung between us.

Wooyoung chuckled softly, the sound warming the room slightly. He slipped out of the bed and approached me, his movements graceful and certain. Reaching me, he placed his hands on my waist and pulled me closer. "Can I come with you?" he asked, his voice soft, his eyes searching mine as he bit his lip nervously.

I watched him for a moment, seeing the earnestness in his expression. His request wasn't just about being physically present; it was a plea to remain involved, to be by my side as we faced what was to come. After a brief pause, I nodded.

"Yes, you can come. I'll need the support," I admitted, and his face brightened with a mixture of relief and determination.

"Thank you," he whispered, leaning in to press a soft kiss to my cheek. "I won't be in the way, I promise. I just want to support you."

As we prepared to leave, I briefed him on the situation. "My mother has an early meeting with the board. My father will be there, and while I can't be in the same room with him without risking everything blowing up prematurely, I need to make sure he knows he isn't welcome there anymore."

Wooyoung listened intently, his brow furrowed. "How do you want to handle it?" he asked, always ready to help strategize our next move.

"We'll make our presence known before the meeting. I want him to see that we're united and strong. After that, I'll step back and let my mother handle the board. She's got the evidence and the backing she needs."

He nodded, understanding the plan. "I'll stand by you, every step of the way."

Together, we left the apartment, the weight of our shared resolve giving us the strength to face the looming confrontation. The drive to the company headquarters was quiet, each of us lost in our thoughts, mentally preparing for the day ahead. When we arrived, the building loomed large and imposing against the gray morning sky—a fitting backdrop for the showdown that was about to unfold.

As we entered the lobby, the intensity of the situation settled over us. But with Wooyoung's hand in mine, I felt a surge of confidence. Whatever today brought, we would face it together, and no matter the outcome, we would emerge stronger.