In your Eyes

Can the darkness get any darker- everyone present wondered, as they saw Damon bringing his brother in his arms butchered completely by the Heretic Witches, having left him to burnt by the sun.

Hope examined him and declared that he was not gone, although it looked like there was no undead life in him whatsoever.

"He drank her blood."- Hope explained and there is some immortal magic in your mother. It must be the witches doing it. They mutilated him to show power they got."- 

"Do what you have to do to make him better again."- Damon said and to everyone's amazement he added- "Please."

Hope noded. 

"This is not over by far."- Rebekah said to Elijah, who agreed.

Damon inqired after Bonnie and they told him that Elena was with her at the cells undergound.

He left to see her. 

Elena was on her way out as she  nearly stumbled upon Damon who whizzed by her. He stopped for a second.

"Stefan?" - Elena asked.

"He is barely alive.- Damon said and went on to the cell where Bonnie was held by the magic Hope imposed on her.

She now looked at him still in her vampiric state. 

"What do you want?"- Bonnie siffted.

"To try and talk to you to dig down somewhere inside your soul and find human emotions."- Damon said in a sarcastic manner.

"Tempting...neh!"- Bonnie responded.

"I knew you were stuborn, pig-headed..."

"Isn't that the same?!"- Bonnie shot back at him.

Damon new this was not going to be easy, but this was one challenge he needed to lessen his pain of seeing Stefan being entirely broken.

"Ok...this is how this is going to go down... I will talk to you about my heartless ripper mother, who left her own son to evil heretic witches to have a field day, because we took you from them."- Damon then said.

"What do I care?"- Bonnie spat.

Damon didn't know if being daggered in the heart would be worse than hearing those words. Now he had to have hope for both of them.

****

Elijah could see the sadness and helplesness in Elena's eyes as she got out of the room where Hope was trying to ease his pain. He now took her by the hand took her to the conservatory on top of the building. A place away where he would spend time reading and meditating, even dreaming of her, that one day he would sit with her in this place that looked like a garden of eden. Elena looked around it slightly taken aback by what she was seeing. 

"Come here..."- he said embracing her- "we have been here so many times."

Elena put her head on his shoulders and whishpered-"Way too many times." Then she moved away from him and walked over to the glass window overlooking the trees and the skies. It was a bright night. He walked over to her. She turned to him- 

"The stars seem to be so bright..."- she looked at him and then added-"And what if we feed her my blood?! Will I die like Katherine did?". 

Elijah now gulped a little. He was not surprised that she would  think of something like that. That was exactly who she was. The exact same sparkle appeared in her as the time when he presented her the elixir to save her. 

" I am the key."- Elena then said- "we need her to be a witch again, don't we?! Bring her back."

Elijah's soul broke as he saw the determination in her eyes.  And he knew that whatever he would say against it, she would do it, like once before when she decided to go through with the ritual breaking Klaus' curse. Her compassion and the selflessness, putting herself out there was what he admired so deeply about her. 
He then uttered-