Twist of Fate

Reader's POV:

It was evening and all the students gathered in the Painting Club ground. Since the remaining students who were delayed due to the Busan storm arrived earlier this morning, The committee decided to hold the orientation in the evening to prevent further delay.

All hundred students lined up in a row of ten and waited for the Committee board members to begin with the schedule. A man in a grey suit approached the mic at the center of the stage and immediately caught everyone's attention with a loud cough.

"Hello students, welcome to the 56th Global Camp of Arts. It has been a tradition to hold this camp every year to honor the best-performing students in the field of arts from all over the world by gathering together, participating in fun activities organized by us, and exchanging knowledge to enhance each other's capabilities. Everyone, being an ace in their field, will provide a lot to learn from.

Since we understand that standing in the presence of new faces can be overwhelming for anyone, we start the day with a fun team-building activity and then proceed with skill development activities after lunch. Due to some natural cause, which you all know already, our camping schedule was delayed by a week. But look, we will be finally starting tomorrow! Are you excited?!!"

The students cheered at the announcement. Students have been anticipating the day way more than the board members could imagine. Even though it was a fun time bonding with nature, it cannot be denied that they eventually got bored while doing nothing. They came here with expectations and excitement which went down in drain since everything got delayed.

"That's the spirit guys! So, the most anticipated morning will arrive in less than fifteen hours. Hope you all are regaining the enthusiasm that you lost over in this boring week." The person knew how to deliver a speech and interact with the audience since he successfully gained cheers and howls from the students. However, three people- Jeonghan, Jihoon, and Seungchoel- were busy hiding behind in the back.

"So, shall we go through the instructions?" When approved by the students, he continued.

"The morning will start at 9 a.m. sharp. Everyone should be gathered on their respective ground by the assigned time for the group activity. The group activity can either be within the team or with the team in other areas. 

No one is allowed to trespass on the other club's ground after 7 p.m. Everyone should return to their tent by 9 p.m. Also, nobody should leave the boundary of the camping ground. The activities are compulsory to participate in unless you're injured or sick. If you feel unwell, inform any of the committee members and they'll guide you to the medical team.

Also, there is a slight change in the plan. The cooking team won't be the one cooking. Instead, whoever loses in the activities will serve the penalty of cooking dinner for everyone. The ingredients, lunch, and breakfast will be provided by the committee. Your schedule for the next day will be updated on the notice board the night before like this".

He pointed to the notice board where a detailed chart with timings was explained. The menu for lunch and breakfast along with their catering time, the menu for dinner which will be prepared by the losing team, the game activity for tomorrow morning along with the explanation of the game and the evening class, everything was mentioned in detail. 

"I believe all of you have already seen your camping ground and your assigned teachers and your peers have helped you settle in well. The dinner will be served within an hour in the painting ground today and we will proceed as per the schedule starting tomorrow. In the meantime, you all can check your schedule, make friends, plan strategy, or do whatever you feel like doing. 

Thank you for attentively listening to the guidelines. I hope you will follow them well and we can have an amazing time together. You are now free to go."