chapter 7‼️

"Aab aap kanya ke gale pe mangalsutra bandhiye" the priest chanted the mantras as he informed the next steps.

Rudranshi smiled, her cheeks red with happiness. She shyly glanced down as Akshath tied the nuptial chain on her neck.

"Aab aap kanya ke mang pe sindur bhariye" the priest told. Akshath glanced at Rudranshi and smiled. He kissed the tip of her nose and chuckled seeing her face redening more.

He pinched the vermilion from it's cap and applied it over her forehead. Rudranshi closed her eyes at the feeling, she smiled faintly. She was wearing the sindur of his name now.

"Aab bas varmala bacha hai. Fhir shadi samampt hoga. Kanya var ko pehle pehenaye" the priest guided.

Rudranshi took the garland of marigold in her hand. She looked towards Akshath and faced him. Akshath bowed his head for her to reach out easily.

Rudranshi smiled and threw the garland over his neck.

"Aab var vadhu ko varmala pehenayenge" the priest said, while chanting his mantras.

Akshath smiled and grabbed the garland, he hung it around her neck. Rudranshi giggled at it.

"Aab aap dono pati patni huwe" as the priest announced it, Akshath pulled her to him and hugged her.

Rudranshi smiled and hugged him back.

"Aap khush hai?" She shyly asked, making him chuckle.

"Khush nahi hone ki koi gunjaish hai?" He asked, making her laugh softly.

"Mujhe aap bohot pasand hai" she whispered slowly, making him laugh.

"Asa kya?" He teased, making her nod shyly.

"Fhirse bolna jara. Meine thik se nahi suna" he grinned, making her punch on his chest.

"Chup rahiye aap" she muttered, feeling embarrassed. Akshath chuckled at it. He kissed the top of her head and spoke.

"Toh ghar chale?" Rudranshi smiled and nodded immediately.

It was their home now. She was Rudranshi Akshath Dev now. She has her husband's name now. The thought itself made her blush.

**********************

Akshath entertwined his hand with hers and walked towards the entrance door. All the guards guarding the way, looked at them stunned. It was the first time they saw their boss with a a woman, that too garlands in their neck, with the woman putting a vermilion over her forehead.

He opened the door and called a maid. The maid looked at them with wide eyes, slowly the other maids came too, making them stunned. They couldn't believe what they were seeing.

"Puja ki thali aur kalash bhar ke chawal ka dana leke aawo" he ordered. The maid quickly nodded and ran inside.

The others looked at Rudranshi in daze. The girl infront of them screams beauty and innocence. They couldn't stop looking at her. It seemed like their Sarkar and her were made for each other. Handsome with a beauty.

The maid came running towards them and placed the small urn filled with rice infront of the door step ad caught the tray filled with worship things.

She swing her arm and made a 3 round with the tray. Picking up the flower petals, she threw it softly over the couple. She smiled and was going to keep back the tray when Akshath spoke.

"Tilak kon lagayega"

The maid, along with the other workers were shocked hearing him.

"Sarkar kaisi baatein kar rahe hai aap. Mein ek mamuli sa nokar hoon aapke yaha. Meri itni haisiyat nahi ki mein aapko aur choti malkin ko tilak lagawu" she reminded him, keeping her head bowed.