epilogue ‼️

5 years later,

"Maa! Maa!" A small voice yelled, running down the stairs.

"Aare Rehan baba. Aaram se" Kamla quickly ran to him, worried he would injured himself.

"Aare Kamli kaki. Aap chinta mat karo. Mein aajtak gira kya?" The little boy assured her. Kamla shook her head at the nickname he gave her.

"Rudranshi didi rasoi pe hai" she informed him. Rehan quickly ran to the kitchen with a wide smile.

As soon as he entered inside the kitchen, he quickly hugged Rudranshi from her back.

Rudranshi smiled as she got engulfed by the small figure. Turning back, she crouched down to his level and caressed her head.

"Aagaya mera raja beta?" She smiled at him, making her giggle.

"Haan maa, aagaya" Rehan grinned wide.

"Din kaisa gaya?" She asked him.

"Bohot aacha maa. Aaj ek naya ladka bhi aaya. Meine usse dosti ki" and he started narrating his unending tales.

"Waah, yeh toh kitni aachi baat hai" Rudranshi widened her eyes and acted amused at his statement, making him laugh.

"Maa" he called, making her hum.

"Kuch khila dona. Aapne haathon se. Bari bhook lagi hai" he smiled sheepishly, rubbing his stomach. Rudranshi's heart warmed at his antics.

"Kyu nahi. Mere bete ko bhook lagi hai aur uski maa na khilaye. Asa kabhi hoga?" She said, making him giggle.

Rudranshi picked him up and made him sit on the kitchen counter. Taking a plate filled with rice, she poured some dal over it and mixed it together.

Taking a morsel in her hand, she forwarded it to Rehan. And he happily ate it.

"Ummh! Bohot aacha hai maa" Rehan grinned, making her laugh.

"Maa, aap ek restaurant kyu nahi kholti. Aap agar kholengi toh woh 5 star hotel woh sab aap ke barabar nahi hoga" he stated proudly making her chuckle.

"Bohot bara hogaya mera beta toh. Baari baari baatein bhi karne laga" she teased him, making him grin.

"Aare maa. Aapke liye mein bacha hoon par duniya ke liye mein bara hoon" he stated dramatically making her shake her head at his antics.

"Notanki toh bilkul apne baba pe gaya hai" Rudranshi chuckled. Just then a voice trailed behind.

"Achaa? Asa kya?" Rudranshi quickly whipped her head towards the door to find her husband standing in his glory, with a teasing smile on his face.

"Baba!" Rehan quickly jumped down the counter and ran to his father's arm. Akshath quickly caught him in his arms and chuckled at his son's excitement.

"Baba pata hai meine aaj ek naya dost banaya" Rehan happily informed his father. Akshath fixed his hair and smiled warmly.

"Waah! Itna aacha kam kiya mere bete ne" he encouraged him, making him grin.

"Baba, mein keh raha tha. Maa ko ek restaurant khol dena chahiye. Unke samne toh koi bhi bawarji har jayega" Rehan grinned widely. Akshath chuckled at it.

"Haan sach toh hai. Toh kholde maa ke liye ek?" He smiled teasily, earning a quick nod.

Rudranshi smiled and shook his head at the father and son duo.