~Chapter 1~

*yawn* *ah so glad schools over-*

Croe stepped out of his bed, it was the first day after summer break started.

Croe walked sleepily over to his dresser, as he grabbed a T-shirt,and shorts, he pulled them on quickly, the jogged down the old creaky steps of his house,into the kitchen.

Grabbing some bread, he popped it into the toaster, and went out to the garage, quietly, so he didn't wake his mom.

He found his bike, and rolled it outside into the sun, as he squinted at the bright light, a big shift from what he was used to.

He pulled the rusty old bike into the front yard, and walked inside, he grabbed his toast, and went back out, then hopped onto his bike.

He rode into town, people were scarce, (it WAS 5:30 in the morning after all) and stopped at the little park of greenstone city. There was only one park in Greenstone, it was a small,poor, town, so it kinda made sense to have a little, poor, park to match the rest of the town. 

Croe pulled into the pavilion, and locked his bike into a pole, as he spotted some teenage boys approaching him.

"Hey  Croe! What are you doing up here so early,huh?" Tom, the tallest of the group, asked hotly, as he walked up to croe,staring at him menacingly.

"Oh um, just here to take a w-walk that's all..." Croe stuttered avoiding eye contact.

Tom took a step closer to Croe" Stop stuttering! You got any money? We'll let you go on your 'Walk' if you give it, otherwise, we might just have to take it from you anyway, and your bike too." 

" Oh, uh h-here's ten bucks"  he said pulling a paper bill out of his pocket.

Suddenly a girl ran up, and snatched the bill before tom could grab it, and she ran off into the woods.

"HEY THATS MY MONEY!!" Tom yelled across the park, as he began running towards the place where she disappeared to. 

"We'll deal with you later!!" One of toms friends yelled at Croe, as he took ran off, following Tom, and the rest of the gang. 

"Wow they really must've wanted that money... I wonder who that girl was though"... Croe mumbled under his breath, looking in the direction they ran.

He looked over to where his bike stood, locked to the pole. Then began walking into the woods, away from where tom and his gang ran off to.

He took in all the scents, sounds, sights,and textures of the forest, letting it take over all of his thoughts, and feelings.

Suddenly he heard a few light , quick footsteps behind him, he whipped his head around, and there, he spotted a ten dollar bill on the ground.

Sorry this chapter is so boring, I suck at writing beginings XD. I'll try to write another chapter as soon as I can!! <333 

-Willow