Chapter 6: Never Leave Me

You and Akeno are walking through the town, spending time together.

"So, this is considered a date?"

Akeno: "It's what I like to think, but what's your thoughts on this?"

"I don't know, because I've never done something like this before."

Akeno: "Well there's a first time for everything. Come on".

You and Akeno went to a diner and ordered food. You took one bite and found it delicious, but didn't go crazy while eating it.

After finishing that meal, you and Akeno go to an arcade where they play crane games and win a prize or play some of the Arcade cabinets.

After that, you headed to Shuri's grave and spent some time there.

"I kinda remember, but not sure of one thing."

Akeno: "What's that?"

"Before Infinite came, members of your ex-clan attacked us several times. Did I really protect you guys?"

Akeno: "Yes. Every time they came, you protected us. And then Infinite somehow found us and killed you while leaving us to die by the other members."

You and Akeno remained silent for a minute and walk away into the forest.

Akeno: "If you have something else to ask, just ask it"

"Whatever happened to your dad?"

Akeno: "You weren't with us for that long, so I understand your lack of knowledge of him. You met him once when he came back after a mission with an ally of his"

"And he didn't trust me."

Akeno: "It's not that. He just wasn't sure if you were a good omen. You stayed quiet in the backyard for an entire day before he got called on another mission. And it was only after you and Mom died that he finally came back. If he was there, then neither you or Mom would have died! I'm lucky that I got you back, but Mom can never come back!"

Akeno broke down crying, but you hugged her.

"I won't die again. I'll make sure that no harm will ever come to you, and I'll make sure Infinite can't hurt anyone ever again."

Akeno hugged you tightly and smiled a little in relief.

Akeno: "Promise me that you'll never leave me again."

"I won't."

Akeno regained her composure and wiped away her tears.

Akeno: "So, summer is coming up soon, and you'll be heading to Endless."

"I'm not affiliated with Rias' peerage, but if you come with me, I don't know what the punishment is since I don't know anything about the supernatural world."

Akeno: "Don't worry about it. I'll be fine in that regard. What do you say we show everyone that Eternity can't live up to its name?"

"Absolutely, big sister."

Akeno: "I think we're more than just childhood friends."

"How much more?"

Akeno smiled before giving you a kiss. You froze up in surprise as you tried to process what's happening.

Akeno: "You're adorable."

"Whatever. Let's go home."

Akeno nodded, and the two of you head back together.