Chapter 2: History of Endless

You are in the Occult Research Club's room, looking at the tea and sweets on the table.

"What are these?"

Akeno: "Tea and chocolates."

"Those are real?"

Issei: "Yes. And I'm guessing the rumors about Endless are true as well?"

"Yep."

Rias: "Tell me more about this. I want to hear your perspective on it."

"If you ask anyone there how it happened, you'll get the same story. Years ago, Infinite appeared with knowledge and technology beyond any human. With the Eternity Corporation he created, he promised an eternal way of life. He promised that death would no longer exist for mankind. His first step was creating robotic "Peacekeepers" he called Legions."

Issei: "Then, two decades ago, Eternity renamed America 'Endless', closed all its borders, isolated the whole nation."

"Yep."

Kiba: "It seems Infinite has agents outside there since he knows about the three factions."

Rias: "And he possesses magic that was able to render us immobile. We should proceed with extreme caution when dealing with him."

Akeno: "He also has immense influence since the entire country is under his control."

Koneko: "Why don't they just fight back?"

"Kid, what the hell do you think they've been doing? Eternity's twisted armies are too strong for them."

Issei: "Rias, what should we do? Infinite will come back."

Rias sighed.

Rias: "I'll talk to my brother and see what he knows. For now, should we introduce Y/N to his new school?"

"What?"

Rias: "I don't think it's a good idea for you to return to Endless anytime soon, so stay here for a bit, know what high school is like. Maybe even see the world outside of it."

"I don't know crap about the world outside of Endless. I only came back to the world of the living last year."

Issei: "Can't be bad at homework as I am. And we'll show you around, so you don't have anything to worry about."

Akeno: "Come on, Y/N. Give it a try. We did talk about going to school together when we were kids."

"Okay," you sighed, "I'll give it a shot."

Rias: "Great. Since school isn't for two more days, you can continue exploring the town."

Akeno: "We can finally be together again."

Kiba: "I'm curious to know your history together, but we'll save that for another day."

Asia: "I am interested in hearing about your past as well."

Rias: "That's all for today."

A few hours later, you and Akeno are at the transport that you hid, grabbing a bunch of tech.

Akeno: "Wow, Endless has made a lot of developments. This thing is more advanced than any airborne vehicle I've ever seen. Even this laptop is ahead of the ones we have."

"Well, the hidden tech has to be kept secret. And I have to find a way to make sure no one can find this."

Akeno: "I told Rias where we are. She said she'll take care of this."

"Well, this was a smuggler transport before I bought it, so I don't care too much."

Akeno: "Rias will put it to good use. And I think I know where to hide the small equipment you have."

"Akeno?"

Akeno: "Yes?"

"I'm really happy I'm finally back with you."

Akeno: "So am I."

After she hugged you, you left the transport with her.