A Talk

As the day ticked by Domnus sat back on his stand waiting for someone to sell to things to. He needed much more money to pay off the Goibmiu familia.

Unfortunately the day was coming to an end. Not many people were leaving the dungeon and almost none coming into the dungeon.

As the crowd thinned out Domnus noticed an adventurer sitting on the fountain near the entrance to the dungeon.

The adventurer had red hair and a blue scarf wrapped around his neck. And a black loose fitting kimono. He also had a large sword on his back.

The adventurer seemed to be contemplating something.

Domnus then took a look around seeing that no one was looking at his stand. Seeing this Domnus got up from the stand to go talk to the adventurer.

"So," Domnus said sitting next to the adventurer, "What happened to you?" Domnus asked the adventurer while the adventurer just stared at Domnus.

"None of your business," the adventurer said scooting away from Domnus.

"I sell stuff on the stand over there," Domnus said pointing to his stand, "Your gloominess is pushing people away," Domnus tells him.

"Well, I guess I don't have a choice," the adventurer said laughing to himself, "What's your name?" the adventurer then asks.

"Domnus, yours?" Domnus asks.

"Welf," the adventurer says, "I thought I knew what I wanted in life," Welf says starting, "I thought I wanted to be a master blacksmith, the best of the best," Welf says.

"And you no longer want that?" Domnus asks.

"No, I still want that," Welf explains, "It's that it's no longer all I want " Welf says, "I also want to be an adventurer," Welf said.

"So what's wrong?" Domnus asks confused.

"My family disapproved," Welf said, "And with my progress I think they might have been right," Welf said disappointed in himself.

"Well, how long have you been an adventurer?" Domnus asks Welf.

"It's been around a seven years," Welf says, "And I'm still level one," Welf said sadly.

"When I was young," Domnus said getting Welf to look at him confused, "I wanted to be the strongest adventurer there ever was,"

"Most people do," Welf said causing Domnus to laugh.

"I suppose that's true," Domnus said, "But then something happened, I lent someone a sword of mine, and they liked it so much that they wanted to buy it," Domnus explained.

"What kind of sword?" Welf asked.

"Can't remember, but it was a good one apparently," Domnus replied with a smile, "The person who I sold the sword was happy, and I was happy they were happy," said Domnus, "And the money I got helped," Domnus commented.

"And I kept going down that path and here I am," Domnus told Welf, "So if I can hard change my path so can you," Domnus explained works a smile.

"Thanks," Welf said getting up, "I needed that."

"No problem," Domnus said, "But next time you got to pay me." Domnus commented with a smile.

"Though I do have to ask," Welf said turning to Domnus, "How old are you?" Welf asked Domnus.

"That's a good question," Domnus said getting up, "Well I got to head back to my stand," Domnus then said walking away.

Welf wanted to ask his question again, but felt it too rude to do so.

So Welf got up and started to walk away waving back to Domnus.

"Thank you!" Welf yelled while walking away.

With a silent nod Domnus sat back down at his seat wishing that Welf would have bought something at his store.

However, luck seemed to shine on Domnus as an adventurer came up to his stand after coming out of the dungeon.

"Hi there," she said, "Do you have any replacement armor?" the adventurer asks waiting no time.

"Actually I think I have exactly what you need," Domnus said going into his bag.

Domnus reached into his bag and pulled out some recently acquired armor.

"Does this look good?" Domnus asked the adventurer.

"I think so," the adventurer said, "Can I see it?" the adventurer said holding her hand out

"Sure!" Domnus said handing the armor over for the adventurer to see it.

The adventurer then took a step back starting to run away. But as soon as she turned around to run what she saw shocked her.

"What do you think you're doing," said Domnus standing in front of her.

"Well," the adventurer tried to say under the gaze of Domnus, "I'm trying how it feels to walk around," the adventurer said.

"Without putting it on?" Domnus asks a nervous adventurer.

"Um," the adventurer says.

"If you want to leave for it just pay for it," Domnus tells the adventurer.

"Ok, got it," she says, "I'll pay I swear," the adventurer.

"Then turn around and pay," Domnus says staring into the eyes of the adventurer.

With a nervousness in her moves the adventurer turned around to see Domnus sitting back in his stand. Waiting for the pay.

The adventurer threw down some valis and left with the armor in her hand.

There was no need to check the valis to make sure she paid enough, Domnus hadn't even determined the price yet. But he knew that whatever she threw down was enough.

Taking the money and putting it in the same pouch with the rest of his earnings and got up to start taking down his stand.

As he took down his stand he knew that he needed to go to the adventuring guild for two different things.

First off, he needs to drop off Atossa's guild card, Domnus plans on making a story on how he got it on the way there.

Secondly, he needs to deposit all the money he's made into the guild card. Not so he can just use the card, but so he can start paying back the Goibmiu familia for their work.

It's going to take a while to pay back the Goibmiu familia, but someone needs to pay them and Bell and Hestia don't bring in enough money to pay them without also being able to eat. Additionally it's also his house.

So this problem lies on him. And he's is going to pay it back without question.