Lily kept herself busy over the next few days. She spent her days practicing the ritual, reading books, and working on her plans. She was excited that in just a day she would be going home.

Lily had kept her discovery to herself, but after three days, she couldn't wait any longer. Lily pulled Astarions aside and told him about her plans. "I've found a way home," she told him. "I've found out about a ritual that will let me go back to my world."

"Oh," Astarion said, looking at her. "That's wonderful. I'm so happy for you. Well, I'm also a little disappointed. I got used to having you around. It's really been a lot of fun."

"Same way here," Lily said, blushing. "I'm going to be very sad to leave you."

"I'll be sad to see you go too," Astarion said, smiling at her. "But I'm glad you've found a solution. Let me know if you need any help with anything. I'll do what I can for you."

"Lily, it's your last night here, let's make something of it, why don't we? I'll take you to my favorite place in the city we can have good food and good wine. I want to end your stay here on a high note."

Lily was excited about the idea. "I'd like to do that," she said, smiling. "I think that would be nice."

Astarion was pleased with her answer. "Great. I'll make all the arrangements. It should be great. I'll be back for you at eight.

Lily was looking forward to her evening. She knew it would be interesting, and she knew she would miss Astarion and all of their conversations. "This really won't be forever," Lily thought. "I'm sure I'll see him again."

There was no sense in being sad about what she was leaving behind, because she would come back someday she was going to have a good time tonight, and look forward to going home.

Lily wanted to look good for tonight. She made herself a beautiful crimson dress out of a simple outfit and changed her hair style in the process. It was a simple spell but it looked great. Lily looked at herself in the mirror, excited for the night ahead.

Astarion would be by to pick her up soon, and she couldn't wait.

Lily opened the door, looking for Astarion. Instead, she saw Gale, looking back at her with a grin. "What are you doing here? "Lily asked, surprised.

"I came to see you, of course," he said. "I've been looking for you."

Gale looked at Lily, his eyes narrow, and smiled slightly. "Lily, I need to tell you something," he said. "It's about Astarion."

Lily turned to him and nodded, curious. "What is it?" she asked. "What's wrong with Astarion?  Is he in trouble?"

"Lily, I think you need to be careful with Astarion," Gale said, looking her in the eyes. "I think he's a bit more complicated than he lets on. He's been lying about some stuff, and I'm not sure what to think."

Lily looked at him, feeling a little bit of anger, as well as something that was a little worse... doubt. "What do you mean, lying?" She asked. "About what?"

"Do you even know what you're talking about?" Lily asked, looking at Gale. "What do you mean he was lying? Give me examples. This just sounds like gossip to me."

Lily felt a little annoyed with Gale for bringing this up. It was a personal relationship, and Lily felt like he was invading her privacy. "Gale, I know he's a vampire," Lily said. "That's no big deal to me. I'm not afraid of him. There is something in me that likes him," Lily said. "But I'm leaving tomorrow so none of this really even matters at all."

Lily saw Gale off, and then Astarion returned. He did look a little confused as he realized Gale had been in her chamber. "What did he want? And why did he leave in such a rush?" Astarion asked. "I knew he would eventually try to use his charm to get close to you. It was just a matter of time."