Chapter #12 - The Blossoming Pair

Present Time

Present Time

Red Keep, King's Landing

Dahlia felt as if thousands of ants were running under her skin, as she had so much anxiety inside her body, due to what is going to be discussed between her and those who are part of her surprising family.

Everyone inside the Council Chamber was looking and anxiously waiting for what the Crown Princess was going to say.

"Ser Criston," the King said aloud, turning to look at the Knight.

"Your Grace?" asked the Knight.

"Please take a seat." the King said to him, turning with some difficulty his body, so that he could see the Knight face to face. "You are personally bound to this conversation. So I think you should take a seat at the table next to us, since this conversation is yours as well."

Upon hearing the explanation given by the King, Ser Criston reluctantly walked to the King's right side and took a seat in the chair that Prince Aemond had been sitting in earlier.

Once he sat down, attention was once again fixed on the Princess, who, noticing the attention, settled back in her chair, interlacing her fingers on the table, at the same time playing with one of her many rings, and fixed her gaze on Dahlia.

"I would like to start by asking you about what you were told?" Rhaenyra began by asking Dahlia directly. "I know that several of the people here present heard the story, the before, during and after. I don't know if you have any questions, because questions I imagine you must have many."

Dahlia cleared her throat, and looking at the Princess, who began to speak. "Yes, several of my companions here told me about what came up during their initial visit." Dahlia said. "I have a lot of questions, which I know some are too personal to ask in front of everyone, but did you agree to put me up for adoption or hide me away from the beginning?"

"Adoption? Forgive me but I don't understand what that is." Rhaenyra asked him with some confusion.

Ser Criston cleared his throat, drawing everyone's attention. "I think I speak for all the inhabitants of Westeros here present, that the term 'adoption' is an unknown one on this continent."

"