Chapter #13 - The Unusual Dinner at the Red Keep

Present Time

Present Time

Red Keep, King's Landing

"Seriously girls, it's just dinner!" exclaimed Dahlia as she watched Hermione, Luna, and Angelina walk around the room, like crazy chickens, looking for the perfect outfit. "I don't think there's any need to dress so formally." Dahlia said looking at Angelina, who had pulled out a formal long black dress from one of Dahlia's clothing chests.

"What do you mean?" Angelina looked at her incredulously, caressing the dress in her hands as if it were a matchless treasure. "You're in a castle, surrounded by kings, princes and highborn families. This is the best choice of attire right now."

Dahlia looked at her as if she were mad.

"I think I have to agree with Dahlia right now, Angie." said Hermione, sharing the same look Dahlia had. "It's not a party or a dance, it's just a dinner, which surprisingly, we're all invited to. Which is why I think, Dahlia should dress according to our fashion and customs, not go full on into a society, which at first glance can be defined as a medieval, sexist and prejudiced society."

It was a surprise for all the wizards, when several of the Red Keep servants went to the different rooms where they were staying, to inform them about the invitation made by King Viserys for them to accompany him and his family to the dinner that was being prepared.

They still did not know the reason for this invitation. Everyone presumed it was to try to score points with his granddaughter by treating her people as part of his family.

"I think Hermione is right in her opinion," said Sirius, who none of the three girls had noticed standing in the doorway. "The best way to make an impression, good or questionable, is to incorporate our fashion and traditions into this very old-fashioned society. Just looking at the Hand of the King and the Queen Consort sent a shiver through my body. I felt like I was a child again, living in House Black, under the rule of Grandfather Arcturus and the shouts and prejudiced looks from my mother." Sirius said as he looked in the direction of one of the walls of the room, as if into his memories.

"So, what will we be trampling on these people's traditions?" Angelina asked a little incredulously.

"No." Sirius said looking seriously at the three of them. "We will show our manners, our culture and traditions, just as they are. Think that we are at home, that it's an ordinary day. That we'll walk into that room, just like we do every day."

Sirius fixed his gaze on her little flower, his gaze serious and penetrating.

"You're going to dress the way you want to dress." He said tightly, holding her jaw, as a father does with his children when he is about to offer advice. "If you want to wear a ball gown, you wear it. If you want to be comfortable in your sleepwear, you go in your pajamas. Forget about these people's expectations of you. You've always been a strong, confident, fighter against all odds, don't let them douse your flames by trying to mold you the way they wish you had grown up. You've been through a lot in this life, little flower, and you've earned the right to be the way you are, without prejudice from anyone." He finished as he gently rubbed her cheek, flashing her a small smile, as his hand released her face and he turned in the direction of the bedroom door and exited the room.