Chapter One: First Day

Sam was zoned out as people sang happy birthday. He couldn't focus even if he tried.

'What's the point in birthdays anymore?'
Sam thought as he blew out the candles.

'Happy fucking 14th birthday'

____________

As Sam got up the day after his birthday he didn't even want to get out of bed.

But he would rather be anywhere other than ho- this place.

Sam got out of bed, dragging his feet to the bathroom across his room quietly to not wake anyone he didn't want up.

Sam closed the bathroom door, turning on the steaming hot shower. The bathroom was a mess, and leftover white powder was clearly on the sink counter. Cigarette ashes in the sank from his step-dad.

Sam undressed, looking at his skinny, scar marked body, hating himself every time he sees himself.

"Fake it till you make it," Sam whispered to himself as he smiled in the mirror, but he didn't like how much more uglier he looked, so he just looked away, walking in the shower getting under the steaming water.

___________

Sam walked out of the place he lives, still early, so it isn't bright outside.

Sam was wearing a red hoodie, black jeans, dirty black Jordan 11 he got from a sketchy guy at the park when he was 13 for only pictures of his feet, something Sam still doesnt understand. Sam's curly blond hair covering his eyes slightly.

As Sam walked up to the school, he ran into Lily.

Lily was Sam's only friend, if you can call her that. She drags him to parties constantly and always getting him into trouble since 6th grade but Sam never complained because she was the only one in his life that cared (Sam doesn't really understand what real care is but.....yk)

"Hey Blondie!" Lily smiled, walking up to him.

"HI Lily," Sam put on a smile as best as he could.

Soon enough, Lily was ranting on about some guy while Sam sat next to her on the school steps, waiting for open doors at 7:30. Zoned out, fading out Lily ranting. Students start to come through the gates little by little.

But one man caught his eye.

'Must be a new teacher or something. He is pretty hot, though.....not that I noticed or anything'

Sam soon went into the school at 7:30 like everyone else, going to the office like everyone else to get his new schedule.

There were two lines but it still took all breakfast time so by the time Sam got his schedule it was 8:18 leaving only 2 minutes before 1st period.

'Great. High schools going to be just great'

Sam thought sarcastically as he looked at his schedule.

MAGNET HIGH
schedule.    Principle- Hailey White

1st: Homeroom - Ms Warner
Room: 435

2nd: Mathematics - Ms Crowder
Room: 427

3rd: Study Hall - Library
Room: 419

4th: Lunch
Room: 400

5th: Science - Mr Armstrong
Room: 543

6th: language arts - Mr Shots
Room: 554

7th: Gym - Mr Jay
Room: 531