Chapter 5

The morning I woke up to the fresh smell of Coffee and eggs frying. It wasn't a familiar one, but really comforting. I dragged myself from the bed and walked to the kitchen.

I was greeted with a low, but pleasant hum of a lady, more specifically, Cyra's.

Her hair was tied up in a messy bun and she was wearing an oversized shirt.

Wait, isn't that mine? The one Shanks gave me? 

She started stealing my clothes too, on top of my food too?

I chuckled to myself, making Cyra turn her head to me. She looked at me and greeted me with a closed mouth smile, "Good Morning, Hawkey!"

I mumbled back a good morning and sat on a chair next to the kitchen counter.

She placed a cup of coffee on the counter for me with a grin and turned back to the breakfast. As I sipped the coffee, I couldn't take my eyes off her.

My eyes were fixed on her figure. My eyes were following each small movement she made.

How she tucks a little hair strand every now and then,

How her nose scrunches when she spills a drop or two of milk,

How she mumbles to herself  while cooking,

How she grins at me whenever our eyes meet.

Her soft pink lips.

Eventually, I was snapped from my thoughts when she placed two plates of breakfast in front of me. It was just a plain breakfast, toast, eggs, and some fruits.

But it was special, filled with love.

She smiles at the food, before eating, devouring each bite, she takes.

I could watch this all day.

She was quite a messy eater, much to my amusement. Just watching her eat makes my stomach full.

After a few moments later, I too took a bite from my toast. And much to my surprise, it wasn't anything like toast.

Wait, is it burned?

I looked at Cyra, who was chuckling at me, before running off with a sheepish smile. 

That adorable bastard.

I ran after her too, deserting my plate of burned toast and unburned eggs.

The castle was never lively as this.

I chased her throughout the castle, and her legs were surprisingly fast for someone small.

It was like the rest of the world was forgotten for a few minutes. A small smile crept up to my face without my consent.

I eventually caught her, then tackled her to the ground and me on top of her.

She was giggling hard, and I was laughing lightly too.

"Awwe you won," she said, trying her best to pout, but failing horribly. I chuckled at this sight, before standing up and giving her a hand to grab and stand up.

Even after the chase, a smile lingered on both of our faces. A silence formed between us, but it was a comfortable one.

"That was fun!" she spoke, breaking the silence, "We must do it again sometime."

I smiled back at her lightly and spoke, "Yeah, we should"

Then we both walked back to the kitchen and she was chattering and rambling about how fun it was and we must do it again and she was even thinking about turning this little chase into a routine.

Upon reaching the kitchen, we both sat down to eat and started feasting on the eggs. Apparently, she didn't know how to use the toaster properly and ended up burning the toast. 

And I agreed to tutor her on how to use that properly later.