Unexpected Occupation

Nothingness surrounded Y/N, an infinite abyss devoid of light or substance. He couldn't feel the ground beneath his feet, nor could he sense his own body. It was as if his consciousness floated freely in this void, untethered and disembodied. His mind, however, was far from empty, teeming with a myriad of questions that clamored for answers.

What had brought him to this strange, desolate place? He tried to recall the events leading up to this moment, but his memories were elusive, slipping through his mental grasp like sand through fingers. Vague recollections drifted to the surface: the rhythmic motion of the train, the comfort of its seats, the fleeting landscape outside the window, and then... a sudden stop. The rest was a blur, fragmented and incomprehensible.

The more he strained to remember, the more elusive the details became. Nothing made sense. He felt a growing sense of frustration and helplessness in the face of this inscrutable void. The questions persisted, their weight pressing down on him even in the absence of a physical form.

In the depth of this black, endless expanse, Y/N realized that whatever this place was, it defied all logic and reason. His mind, a lone beacon in the darkness, groped for understanding in a realm where none seemed possible. The profound emptiness gnawed at him, a stark contrast to the vivid chaos and violence of his last conscious moments.

As he drifted in this nothingness, Y/N couldn't shake the feeling that there was something just beyond his reach, a truth hidden in the shadows of his fragmented memories. He clung to the faint hope that somewhere in this void, he would find the answers he so desperately sought, and perhaps a way back to the world he had known

Suddenly, a bright light shone directly into his eyes, causing his pupils to constrict painfully. A sharp headache flooded Y/N's senses as he found himself in an unexpectedly comfortable bed. Instinctively, he moved his hands to his head, trying to soothe the throbbing pain.

He looked around the room, realizing he was alone. The room was predominantly white, with a large window allowing soft daylight to stream in. The sterile environment was unmistakably that of a medical facility. Various medical equipment, including a tray of syringes on a nearby table, confirmed his suspicions.

When he attempted to sit up, a searing pain shot through his body, forcing him to collapse back onto the bed. Looking down, he saw a large bandage wrapped tightly around his chest, triggering the memory of the train robbery. He recalled the sudden attack, the chaos, the gunfire, and the excruciating pain of being shot by the robbers. The realization brought a mix of relief and anxiety; he had survived, but the ordeal was far from over.

The room was quiet, the only sound being the soft hum of medical machines. Y/N's mind raced as he tried to make sense of everything. He felt a growing determination to understand what had happened and why. But for now, all he could do was rest and gather his strength.

As Y/N began to rest properly, the door opened slowly, creaking slightly. A woman dressed in white stepped in, her eyes widening when she saw him awake. She froze for a moment, seemingly surprised, before hastily retreating without closing the door behind her.

Left alone, Y/N took a better look around the room. The stark whiteness of the walls and the sterile smell confirmed that he was in a hospital. His gaze wandered to the tray of syringes on the nearby table, the heart monitor beside his bed, and the IV drip attached to his arm. The beeping of the monitor provided a rhythmic counterpoint to his swirling thoughts.

Before he could delve deeper into his memories, the nurse returned with a doctor.

"Good morning," the doctor said, a professional yet kind tone in his voice. He moved to Y/N's side, examining him with practiced efficiency. "Slept well?" he asked, his hands gently probing the bandages wrapped around Y/N's chest to ensure they were secure. Y/N let out a huff, his breath stirring the antiseptic air. "I would have slept well if I had actually wanted to sleep," he replied sarcastically, his voice carrying a mix of irritation and exhaustion.