Chapter 1: Just Vibing.

It was late at night. Her parents had gone to sleep and Lif was currently sitting in her cold as fuck attic hitting her mini bong. She had a little set up going for her, including some perfume to get rid of the weed smell, some alcohol she stole from her parents stash, her chaser and her music. She was listening to "In The Dark" by The Birthday Massacre, one of her favorite bands.

She was wearing her pajamas, some black and red pajama pants with skulls, guitars, and roses on them. She was also wearing a black long sleeved Def Leppard shirt and her skeleton jacket and some black socks. She was having a pretty good time, actually. She was high, drunk, and overall vibing. Maybe it was kind of not a good way to vibe, especially considering her parents explicitly banned weed from their house but whatever. She could get away with smoking in the house forever, couldnt she?

Once the bowl was cleared, she turned off her music and stood up, leaning back and popping her back in the process. She took a few sips from the vodka she had stolen and took a big sip of her chaser before leaving her attic, careful so as not to make any noise.

Once she took her jacket off, she put her contraband away and plopped down onto her bed. High and drunk as fuck. The world felt.. weird. It felt like it was spinning, but she loved that feeling. Fishing her blueberry flavored vape out of her pocket, she hit it a few times to really get buzzed before putting it away. Fuck, this felt good. She needed her music again.

Deciding she wanted something a little more vibey, she puts on "Bulls In The Bronx" by Pierce The Veil. Her favorite song by them.

As much fun as she was having right now, being intoxicated and listening to her favorite music, she wasnt really happy. Well, usually anyway. She had her own mental issues that her friends knew about, but nobody in her family did. They probably wouldn't get it. Lif was diagnosed with depression, anxiety, adhd, and bipolar disorder. Out of those, she hated her bipolar disorder and anxiety the most. She hated her manic rage, taking the smallest things out on the people she loved the most. It sucked. She wished she could just stop being so angry for no reason, but it was hard.

Shes lost so many friends because of her outbursts and even though it hurts that they promise to never leave and then they do anyway, it was understandable. She doesnt even want to be near herself sometimes.

With her anxiety, whenever she would get the slightest bit anxious she would get terrible nausea, which made her job difficult whenever she would forget to take her medicine because of her adhd. It was like an endless cycle of her own mind betraying her.

Still intoxicated, Lif decided to distract herself through her friends online. She would either hop on calls, or just chat one on one with someone, but since she felt like she wasn't interesting enough she usually stayed out of calls.

She looked at the time. It was 12:50 am.

She should probably get some sleep, even though it was the weekend. She had work on the weekends unfortunately. She just worked part time as a cashier, nothing major. Sighing, she turned over and let her spotify blast her music through her headphones. She didn't want to work, but she knew she had to. She wanted a car, after all.

Lif was about to pass out until she heard her phone vibrate. It was Dee.

"hey. i cant sleep. do u wanna hangout?" The message read. Getting excited, Lif immediately responded. "OMGGG sameee!!! im kindaaa fucked up rn LMAOO but yeahh we can hangout!! ur place or mine????" She quickly texted him, a smile now present on her face. She watched those three little dots on the screen for a minute before Dees text made it through. "ill come to u. see ya." It read.

Silently squealing, Lif decided to quickly shower and do her makeup before Dee came. Surprisingly, despite being alternative she never really gave a shit about makeup, other then mascara, lipstick, and eyeliner. Heading over to her bathroom, she quickly got ready. She decided not to do her eyeliner, since her movements were uncoordinated thanks to the alcohol.

Minutes later, there was a small knock at her window. She already knew it was Dee. "Come on in!" She eagerly said, opening the window for him so he could sneak in undetected. Dee was wearing his pajamas as well, unsurprisingly. He had a Cannibal Corpse hoodie on and some black sweatpants."What'd you bring?" Lif asked as Dee crawled inside, almost falling on the floor. "Just some cigarettes and a joint I thought we could share." Dee answered, digging both items out of his pocket to show Lif.

"Nice! I have some alcohol I stole from my parents if you want any! I already had some." Lif giggled, before bringing Dee back outside so they could smoke and watch the stars together. She took her bottle of alcohol with them.

Once they were out on the roof, Dee dug his lighter out of his pocket and sparking up the cigarette and joint. Since Lif was already buzzed, he took some hits off the joint first as he handed Lif the cigarette. "Thanks.. So, how you been?" Lif asked, making conversation as she drunkenly gazed into the night sky.

"Oh, I've been fine.. I guess.. How are you?" He shrugged, not really seeming like he wanted to talk about his life right now. Lif could relate, but she had to answer so.. "I've been okay!" She answered, though that was kind of a lie. It was only kind of a lie, so it wasnt that bad, right? She was too intoxicated to think properly right now. It seemed like Dee was following short behind her, though.

Dee handed the joint over to Lif as he grabbed the bottle of alcohol and started drinking from it. Lif handed the cigarette over to Dee as well, having taken a few drags off it.

"Hey.. Wanna stay over tonight? As long as you leave early tomorrow before my mom goes to work you'll be fine." Lif offered, taking a long drag of the joint before passing it over to Dee. "Yeah, that's fine.. I kind of wanted to stay tonight anyway." He hummed, taking another drink from the bottle.

"Nothings wrong, it's just.. Heavy. Heavys annoying. And he keeps bothering me about needing me to help him with his homework. Like its not my fault he doodles all class and doesn't listen!" Dee ranted a little, though he wasnt really upset. He loved his brother, and Lif knew that. They just had a typical brotherly relationship.

"Dont be so hard on him, Dee. I'm sure he wants to learn, he just.. can't focus." Lif tried to provide some kind of assurances to Dee. "I don't know.. I don't want to think about Heavy right now." He sighed, taking a few drags off the joint before finishing it and putting it out on the roof shingles. "I get it. Cmon, lets watch The Munsters by Rob Zombie!" Lif then offered, grabbing her bottle of vodka and the rest of the cigarettes before heading back inside with Dee following shortly thereafter.

"Heh. You know me too well." Dee said as he got inside Lifs room. Ever since that movie came out, Lif and Dee were obsessed. Was it the best movie ever? No, but to them it was.

The two spent the rest of the night laughing, obviously intoxicated, before the two eventually fell asleep in Lifs bed. Happy, and safe..