𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 10

Peter and I overlooked the crime scene from the famous Cyclone ride at Coney Island. The tall height of the roller coaster gave us a pretty view of the ocean, along with men searching the debris and cargo.

Peter was leaning up against one of the flag poles, sitting on the railing. I, on the other hand, standing next to him, leaning on the fence, watching the same scene he was.

"You okay?" I asked, noticing his arm was still very injured. He nodded, although I knew he was just putting on a tough face.

"Thank you, Gwen." Peter suddenly said, making me look at him with confused eyes and furrowed eyebrows.

"For what?" I questioned, crossing my arms, looking into his brown eyes.

"For doing this with me. I honestly couldn't have stopped vulture-guy without you." Peter admitted, causing me to smile.

"Hey. That's what friends are for, right?" I smiled, tilting my head a bit. He smiled, dirt covering his face. We were both dirty and needed medical attention soon.

"Yeah. Right." Peter smiled, looking down at his twiddling fingers and back at me.

"C'mon. Let's go get you cleaned up." I said, standing up and fixing my hood, sliding my mask back on. He smiled and nodded, sliding his on too. I took the web fluid out of the web shooter. I gave it to Parker, and he smiled, putting it in his right.

Peter and I were not at his place. I was sitting next to him on his bed, wiping up the blood on his arm, stitching the wound with a clean needle and thread. He wore a grey sweatshirt and black sweatpants. He looked over at me, wincing and groaning from the pain.

"If you keep moving, it's gonna hurt more." I admit, wearing a small smile. He looked at me, his eyes staring at me in a different way. "What?"

"Nothing." He shook his head slightly. I knew he was lying, but I let him. And I let myself believe it. If this thing between us should be anything, it should be a simple partnership. Partners in crime fighting.

If it was anything else, my life would fill with way more worry than it needed. I shook my head, trying to shake his stare off me with it. His hand cupped my cheek, and I looked up at him. I shook my head once more as he leaned in, closing the distance between us.

"Peter..." I warned with a soft tone, "No."

"Why not?" He asked, still keeping the distance short.

"I know what this is." I whispered, separating the closeness.

"What is it?" He asked, looking into my eyes, pushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Every day, for as long as I can remember, my dad has left every morning, and he's put a badge on his chest and strapped a gun to his hip. And, every day for as long as I can remember, I haven't known if he was going to make it home." I admitted, and he sat up with a short grunt. He cupped my cheek once again.

"It's okay. 'Cause I got you. I won't leave you." Peter admitted. I took a deep inhale, the distance between us closing once again. Then, the door opened.

"Peter, I- oh!"Peter and I bounced apart, seeing that Peter's aunt was in the doorway. She was a very pretty and young woman who had long brunette hair and brown eyes, very similar to Peter.

"May!" Peter called worriedly.

"I'm so sorry, uh, but why is there a girl in your room, Peter? What happened to Liz? And why is she wearing a superhero suit?" May looked me up and down. I stood up quickly, looking at the two of them.

"Yeah, uh, about that, I, uh.." Peter couldn't figure out a sentace.

"Y'know what, I don't want to know. Just use protection." May called before walking away, causing my face to heat up.

"No, May! Uh, this is Gwen. I, uh, met her through the Stark Internship." Peter called, looking at me to play along.

"Uh, yeah, I didn't know he got kicked out of the program, so I got worried. I just wanted to make sure he was okay." I explained, and May seemed to be playing along. I smiled.

"Oh, okay, then. Wait, you trust my nephew with your secret identity?" She questioned.

"Yeah, you'd be surprised at the secrets he can keep." I chukled, causing Peter to look at me with a look.

"Oh, okay, then. Uhm, I'll leave you two to whatever." May said, definitely having the wrong idea. May closed the door, and I sighed, sitting back down on Peter's bed. I let out a breath of relief I didn't know I was holding.

Peter looked at me, and we both shared a laugh. I smiled, and soon Peter closed the distance between us once more.

"So... where were we?" Peter teasingly says. I hit him with his pillow.

"You're impossible, Parker." I smile, standing up and walking to the window. "Seeing you soon, bug-boy." I shot a web, pulling me to the direction of the shot as I swung away.

I saw Liz come into view right next to Mrs. Toomes. She was changing schools, moving to a completely different place. I ran over, giving her the biggest hug ever. She hugged me back.

"I'm gonna miss you, Liz." I mumbled into her ear.

"I'm gonna miss you, too, Gwen." Liz said.

"I wish you didn't have to leave. I can't imagine my life without you at this school." I frowned.

"Gwen, that's dramatic. Besides, I'd be going off to college anyway." Liz explained. I shrugged. It wasn't the same.

"Whatever. Just promise to keep in touch?" I asked.

"Of course. But, I have a feeling you won't be needing me. I recommended you to be the president of the student council." Liz explained. My eyes lit up as she said those words, making me smile and hug her once again.

"Oh, Liz! I love you! Thank you, thank you!" I cheered. She laughed as I did, her tears starting to dry. Then, Liz looked up, her eyes going cold. I followed her glare, seeing Peter on the other side of it.

"Hey, Liz!" Peter called, walking over with a pep in his step. I walked out of the way, listening on their conversation. I know, I know. Now be quiet. "Liz, I'm so sorry." Peter said.

"You say that a lot, what are you sorry for this time? The dance?" Liz interrogated, tears making her nose stuffy. "That was a pretty crappy thing to do." She gave a soft chukle.

I smiled weakly. Liz was inspiring. Even in crappy moments like this, she can still find a way to stay strong. She had every right to be pissed and yell at Peter; but, she didn't. She kept her emotions in line. Maybe that was just maturity, but Liz having it was incredible.

"Well, yeah, but, I -" Peter stuttered, "I mean, your dad - I can't imagine what you're going through. If there's anything, " Peter turned to face her completely.

"I guess we're moving to Oregon. Mom said it's nice there, so that's cool. Liz said, a confised tone in her voice. Peter looked at her with sympathy. "Anways, Dad doesn't want us here during the trial. So..."

"Liz, I-- I--" Peter tried to say something, but all three of us knew there was nothing left to say.

"Bye, Peter." Liz called before continuing, "Whatever's going on with you, I hope you figure it out." Liz said before turning to me one last time, giving me another tight hug, and leaving for good.

Peter looked at me, and I titled my head, trying to read why his face was so pale. He turned to see Liz one last time.

"You'll get over her soon enough." I smiled, walking over and resting my arm on his shoulder.

"Yeah.. I know... I know." Peter sighed.

"C'mon... bug boy." I whispered, as we had a pretty important meeting for Decathalon coming up.