SEVEN- The New Wife

(Not edited)

Rhaenyra and Elaena stood in the small council meeting chamber, as Ser Otto had called an emergency session

Rhaenyra and Elaena stood in the small council meeting chamber, as Ser Otto had called an emergency session. Rhaenyra had also calmed Elaena down. Elaena had her hands behind her back as she waited for someone to speak, that person soon being the head of the dragon keepers speaking high Valyrian to the King. "It occurred in the blackness of night, my lords, during the Hour of the Bat. The thief eluded our pursuit."

"How is it possible that a dragon's egg was stolen out from beneath more than fifty Dragonkeepers?" The King asked replying back in Valyrian. Elaena and Rhaenyra both looked at each other, both wondering who would do that and who would be able to get passed without a fuss. But it was soon revealed by the dragon keeper. "It was Prince Daemon who was the culprit, Your Grace." The DragonKeeper answered.

"Daemon." The king repeated, in Westeros tongue. "The Primce left a missive, which I believe might explain." Otto added handing the slip of paper to the maester Mellos to read. " 'It is the pleasure of Daemon Targaryen, ' The Prince of Dragonstone and rightful heir to the Iron Throne, to announce that he is to take a second wife in the tradition of Old Valyria. She is to assume the title Lady Mysaria of Dragonstone. Her Grace is with child and is to have a dragon's egg placed in the babe's cradle in the custom of Bouse Targaryen." Mellos read.

Elaena blinked away silent tears, quickly wiping her face. So now not only was Daemon was not accepting that she was now the rightful heir. He had stole a dragon and impregnated some whore he found in some whorehouse. Anger was consuming her already with him.

"The prince has invited you to his wedding, Your Grace."  Mellos announced, Elaena scoffed while Rhaenyra rolled her eyes. " It's in two days' time."

"Who is Lady Mysaria?" Lord Corlys asked the group of men.

"We believe—" Mellos started but was sharply cut off by Otto. "Daemon's whore. This is nothing less than sedition."

"I strongly agree, sire." Lord Strong spoke.

"My brother wishes to provoke me. To answer is to give him what he wants." Viserys said.

"The realm is watching, Your Grace." Lord Corlys reminded. Viserys snapped his head to Corlys. "What would you have me do? Send him to the Wall? Perhaps I could put his head on a spike."

"Daemon has seized Dragonstone, has surrounded himself with an army of gold cloaks, and has now stolen a dangerous weapon." Otto spoke.

"Which egg did Daemon take?" Rhaenyra asked the DragonKeeper, although in a mumble. But the group of men turned their heads towards the young Princess. "Which egg did Daemon take?" Elaena repeated her sister's question with an raised voice.

The DragonKeeper gulped but replied to the Princess. "The egg was Dreamfyre's, Princess."

Elaena took a moment, Daemon was known for stooping low when he didn't get his way. So she could only imagine which egg he had stolen. "Was it... was it the one Rhaenyra picked for Prince Baelon's cradle?" Elaena asked strongly, she wouldn't let the men in the chamber see her crumble.