Chapter 1 - Prologue

All through Panem children awoke for a day filled with terror. 24 of them were destined for a fate worse than death. Dresses were tailored, hair was curled, but unfortunately no smiles were gleaming through any of the 12 districts. The capitol, however, was preparing to celebrate this beloved holiday, reaping day. Families gathered around their televisions to see their candidates for the 69th hunger games.

What nobody knew, not a soul, was that this batch of tributes was different from the others. Not fearful, nor cunning. Not fighters, nor skilled. These tributes may be the dumbest fighters to ever participate in The Hunger Games.

As two candidates, one male and one female, from each district was called up, the capitol got more worried. Were these games going to be interesting with all these bland-looking people? Yes, it was, but they would just have to wait and see. After hours of anticipation and fear, all 24 tributes were chosen at random.

District 1- Luxury: Lucid Lady and Tongue Mawl

District 2- Masonry: Aura Pacific and Goose Waltz

District 3- Electronics: Nebulizer Hawk and Jaunty Sewer

District 4- Fishing: Epithet Scamp and Limbo Scroutoom

District 5- Power: Oceanic Sage and Retinol Rotisoree

District 6- Transportation: Jalapeño Macramé and Chimichanga Gills

District 7- Lumber: Kophin Leech and Jamboree Tubby

District 8- Textiles: Kancer Dawnt and Lavish Panties

District 9- Grain: Hannabol Kannabul and Mashed Daffodil

District 10- Livestock: Cheddar Scab and Mute Asstro

District 11- Agriculture: Jester Chaffe and Nomad Beef

District 12- Coal: Ass Apple and Asse Crack

     The reaping was pretty standard. However from district 7, Kophin Leech wouldn't stop saying "Say X if you want me to win!!". Nobody said X.

     Also the district 10 male tribute, Mute Asstro, was the only candidate to not speak a single word the whole day.

All 24 tributes made there way to the capitol in anticipation. A week of preparation, training, and funky outfits awaited them. They arrived in order of district.

     The first event of The Games was a presentation parade of all the tributes. Some tributes were more excited about this than others.

"The Capitol will just fall in love with me!" Kancer Dawnt said.

"Sureeee." Aura Pacific was not impressed.

"I'll just sleep with President Snow." Announced Hannabol Kannabul.

"Yass queen!!!" Jalepeño Macrame cheered on Hannabol.

Oceanic Sage, Aura Pacific, and Epithet Scamp made akward eye-contact.

"Cringey Bitches." Epithet mumbled.

     Designers quickly swept up their models and got to work. Kancer made angry commands that nobody would listen to. It was hard for her to accept that nobody in the capitol thought she was special. Jamboree Tubby had to take a few extra minutes to squeeze into his costume. Other than that, things went pretty smoothly.

The Tributes rode out in chariots by district. District 2 made an impression by holding hands as they rode through the capitol streets. Aura Pacific and Goose Waltz have captivated the attention of the capitol. They are this years highest contenders, but can they live up to the expectations? Oceanic Sage certainly cause a scene after pushing her district companion, Retinol Rotisoree, off the chariot.

"He's an OP!" She shouted, riding through the streets.

Epithet Scamp seemed to flip District 12 the bird. "That hoe yaps too much" She said in defense. "I could hear her from all the way up here."

Mashed Daffodil made an attempt to flirt with capitol ladies, however was turned down almost immediately. In a fit of rage he stomped and cried and shook his chariot. Hannabol Kannabul just kept smiling and waving as her district partner threw a tantrum.

Ass Apple and Asse Crack seemed to get the most negative attention because of their questionable name.

"It's a family name!" Asse shouted defensively.

The only person to agree with Asse Crack was Limbo Scroutoom. They looked into each-other's eyes deeply.

Ass kept talking about something, but nobody really cared enough to listen.

Soon, the parade ended and the tributes were instructed to head to their floors. Everyone made their way out except one person, Jalapeño Macrame. Jaunty Sewer saw her in the corner.

"Hey, its alright. The games are scary but it's only the first day." Jaunty attempted to comfort her.

"I'm not crying cause of the games. I just look so bad today and I woke up late!" She continued to sob.

Jaunty sighed. "What do you mean you look bad? Your wearing capitol silk."

Jalapeño didn't stop crying, so Jaunty awkwardly stepped away.

     As Epithet made her way to her floor, waving Aura and Goose goodnight, she ran into something, or someone?

"Sorry!" she shouted.

"You're good. Don't do that in The Games though." Nomad Beef assured her.

"yeah, I won't." Epithet blushed.

Luckily no death threats or (much) fighting occurred today. All thats left before the games: Training.