36 ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ drained

─── ・ 。゚⟡ 🌒 ⟡ ˚。 ・ ───

thirty-six

'Water is the driving force of all nature.'

─── ・ 。゚⟡ 🌒 ⟡ ˚。 ・ ───

Just before he can fire, Jessica hits him with a large rock, and at the same time, Paul tackles his wife. She is driven by rage and motherly protection, smashing in his oxygen tank and then caving his head in as the rock tumbles down the sand, leaving the man dead.

Paul looks down at his wife, both blinking in shock as their breaths intermingle. He helps her up as Jessica scales the sand.

"Never stand with your back towards the open," she tells her daughter-in-law. "How many times do I have to tell you that, huh?"

It's no surprise that (Y/N) would have her back to the open. Driven by adrenaline, she's going to face her opponent head-on rather than be aware of who's behind her at the moment.

"You okay?" Paul asks both of them, to which his wife nods, and Jessica answers, "Yeah."

"How 'bout her?"

Jessica stiffens at the question, reminded once more that her son knows of her pregnancy.

"She's fine," she says, apprehensive, but she tries to hide it.

The three head back to where the others were, finding them crouched beside the soldiers' bodies.

"They do not usually venture this deep," Stilgar says with a grunt as he checks one of the soldiers.

"They wanna make sure no Atreides escaped," Paul muses.

"You think too much of yourself," Stilgar replies with a light chuckle. "No, no, we are in the deep desert. Only Fremen can survive here." He stands. "They were here for us, not for you."

He takes out a maula pistol, restocking the bullet casing. "Don't worry." He says as Jessica looks over to find some of the Fremen hovering over the bodies, some exposed from the waist up. "I'm taking you somewhere they will never find us."

Water canisters are being placed in a pack, and another gets handed to someone else, latching onto a large needle with a small capsule.

One of the Fremen stabs the man in the chest, draining him of his body's water through filtration devices.

"Filthy water," Stilgar explains as two of the Fremen launch one of the bodies away into a pile, a smile forming on his face. "It's full of chemicals, but good enough for cooling systems."

Jessica starts to feel sick, and (Y/N) blinks, turning away as she watches the desert with Paul.

Stilgar's smile fades. "Don't let it out."

Her body betrays her, and she does not look okay.

"You okay?" (Y/N) asks, watching the woman try not to keel over as she struggles.

"Mm-hmm."

"Don't let that out," Stilgar repeats. "Don't let it out!"

Jessica turns away, bending over as her stomach so graciously gets emptied by witnessing an appalling sight, to which Stilgar mutters something.

She pants, "I'm okay."

"Are you sure?" Paul asks.

"Mm-hmm."

She takes a deep breath, eyes closed, and as her children tend to her, Chani shakes her head.

"You fought well..." she says to Paul, "once you woke up."

"I wasn't sleeping." He says.

She slightly scoffs, digging the needle into the man's side, to which his hand goes over hers, only to be shoved off.

The soldier convulses, shaking before Chani gets enough water and pulls it out, Stilgar whistles with a hand up to gather everyone, calling out in Chakobsa.

He clicks his tongue a few times, and everyone quickly follows as they grab their stuff. One sets off a thumper, and Jessica pauses as she watches the Fremen who set it off rush away, the soldiers' bodies lying drained and in a pile.

Three Fremen bend down to grab Jamis' body, but Paul stops the last one at his feet. "No, no, no. I'll do it."

Chani nods her head and the warrior lets go, watching the girl carefully as Paul glances at Chani, lifting up the body with ease due to the others' help.

(Y/N) shakes her head in amusement as she walks past, quietly snickering to herself.

The sand starts to quiver and vibrate, signaling a worm's appearance.

It quickly appears, swallowing the pile whole before it disappears back into the sand.

Lunchtime, big guy.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

10 minutes in!

How do you like Part Two so far?

AHH-I love this movie. And hate it at the same time because of Rabban. And Feyd.