Seth and Jay's first date (not that Jay knew this at first)

When Jay woke up, he wasn't quite expecting to find Seth hovering over him. With a yell he shot up and backed away, hitting his head against the wall. "Jesus! fuck-! Ow! Seth!" Jay yelled, and Seth's face morphed into a small smirk. Jay glared at the taller man before looking around at where he was. "I fell asleep while waiting on you two didn't I." Jay deadpanned, although he was genuinely asking if he had. "Yes, you had. Alex was more keen on waking you earlier, but he needed to get home and rest as he was worn out. I let him know I would be staying here until you woke up."

Jay sighed and nodded. "Alright then. So uh. Why were you hovering over me?" Seth seemed to stare deeper into Jay's soul, if he had one, and shrugged. "You seemed peaceful, and I do not think I have actually seen you sleep before." Jay groaned internally and just nodded. "Alright. Cool. Do you also have to give me a ride home, or?" Seth nodded and Jay stifled down a sigh. He didn't really know why the man made him so frustrated. Maybe it was just the fact that he was one of the ones sending him codes for years.

Well, he hadn't given him one in a few months...

Jay blinked and suddenly Seth was closer, and holding his hand out. Jay took it nervously and Seth pulled him up, and took the Skully mask off of his face. "Perhaps don't separate out all of your memories with this mask when we do this." Seth muttered as he carefully hung it up next to where Jay's green jacket was.

Jay shrugged and took his blue hoodie off, replacing it with his green jacket. "I'm not entirely sure why that's such a bad idea." Jay muttered back in response. He wasn't sure why they were being so quiet, but they were more than willing to match each other's tones.
"That is what Brian and Tim were doing at first. You can tell how well that ended up for them." Seth spoke quietly. Jay thought back to his memories and dared to ask a dangerous question as they exited the abandoned building.

"How long was it them and not.. Their.. Uh." Jay fumbled for the right word and Seth let out a soft sigh. "Alters." There was a small pause before Seth responded once more. "Up until before Masky got his leg caved in." Jay nodded slowly. The longer the two walked, the more apparent it became that it was nighttime now. Seth let out a low hum, a mannerism stolen from Alex, if Jay noticed correctly. Jay let out a sigh in response and as they reached the parking lot, started to tap numbers into his leg.

"Why do you insist on tapping odd numbers whenever you feel unsafe, or as if something is going to go wrong?" Jay shrugged and looked to the side. "Tim said it was OCD. I'm not entirely sure if he was right though. I don't think I have it." Seth let out another hum and silence swallowed them once more. Jay sighed as he reached the passenger seat and listened for the car to unlock. Getting in, he tried his best to not make parallels. Slouching down, Jay stared out of the window as Seth started to drive out of Rosswoods parking lot, and out into the road.

Jay shut his eyes and listened as Seth muttered to himself, and the sound of the car moving began to blast in his ears. He smiled softly and listened to the sounds, face growing red from the feeling of Seth glancing at him whenever they reached a red light or a stop sign. Listening to the road would always remind Jay of the car rides with Tim, but for now he was keen on keeping himself in the present, or was it the past?

Seth had referred to this as the semi past. Jay had mentioned to him that he was seeing Tim from where they were before in his dreams, and that he always seemed just as wrecked as before. Seth had then come to the conclusion that they were shoved into a separate timeline of some sorts, perhaps as a way to give the universe at least one timeline where they live. Jay had scoffed at the idea, and clung to the idea that they were going to be helping their own timeline. Alex had just shrugged and wandered away as the two had argued.

Jay opened his eyes as he felt them turn into a parking lot. Glancing around, he found that they were at a restaurant. Jay glared at Seth and the other man just smiled softly at him. Slowly, as if Seth was nervous to do so, he started to tap.

.-- .. .-.. .-.. / -.-- --- ..- / - .- -.- . / - .... .. ... / .- ... / .- / -.. .- - . ..--..

Jay paused and stared as Seth took a pause and tapped it all out again. In his paranoia, Jay had memorized at least morse code so that he could figure out the flashes and taps easier. He had heard the hooded man talking to themself even before Jay had seen them that way. Jay paused before nodding slowly. Seth smiled softly and moved his hand, even slowly to Jay's. Jay shook his head and Seth nodded back and took his hand away.