Preface

The world has ended.

Only for me. Not for everyone else.

As the first fall of snow fell on my nose, I started to become highly aware of everything that surrounded me.

The fresh dirt surrounding my body, my slow labored breaths, the smell of iron in the air indicating the spill of blood, and the harsh beating of the hearts of the people currently surrounding me are some of those things.

Everything is happening all at once I can hardly keep track of it all.

I silently await the visit that I have been waiting for all my life. Though I was quite certain that death would not visit me after hundreds of failed attempts to force it to; I know that death will finally do me the honor of visiting me.

Finally.

After living two lives. Finally.

The world will no longer have the pleasure of hurting me.

...

...

"Arkisha!"

Finally.

That was what I used to think. For now, I do not find myself to either be fortunate or not. I suppose it may be a bit of both along with the occasional bite of bitterness.

It is inevitable. What had happened to me and what I am currently facing. I may loathe my constant questions of 'what ifs' but I can't do anything now. What's done is done. The questions are merely bitterness I'm subjugated to ask.