Four

"You are quite certain that we are going on the right path, yes?"

"You're the one in the lead," I said while glaring at Krezairus with as much hate as I could.

"Excuse me but I did not say that I am proficient with leading people to find missing princes without having any great knowledge about the outside of Azeks! I said I am familiar with the streets of Azeks for it is my home Kingdom but I said nothing about the other Kingdoms!" Krezairus pointed out.

"So, we've been walking for a long time without any direction to where we're going?" I stopped walking to ask him furiously.

"Do not place the blame on me! It is not like we have directions to follow to find the prince! And because of me, we managed to get a great deal on those horses!"

"You idiot! We could've been using a horse this whole time! We could've sold them when we had close to nothing gold! We're supposed to use our eyes to find him, we didn't have to walk all this way for nothing!"

He rolled his eyes in exasperation. "It is not like any of you stopped me."

"WE WERE GETTING FOOD WHEN YOU RAN OFF!"

This time, Arden managed to get a hold of me before I strangle the stupid buffoon that was supposed to help us unlike a few hours ago when I did manage to strangle him for a few seconds. It was worth it. The red marks on his neck somehow make me feel calmer because it constantly reminds me of the revenge I was able to do.

Unfortunately, I was unable to do something satisfying for the second time. The first time I did it he just smirked while holding his neck as if he didn't get hurt one bit.

To be honest, I really can't tell whether that one was a lie or a truth. The part where he told us about him selling our horses in exchange for a ridiculous amount of gold. I'm not really familiar with the currencies used in this world. But at least now I know that one gold can be the equivalent of three breads.

"All right, stop this now. I think that it is getting late for this conversation. Save this fight for tomorrow." Arden exclaimed with his eyebrow raised at us. "Krezairus, were you able to find out about an inn that could house us for the night when you were talking to some people?"

"I was unable to. There are not that many inns in this particular part of Evouls. I am afraid we will have to sleep outside for tonight."

During our short ride with the horses, I learned about the three major kingdoms of this world. The kingdom of Azeks, Evouls, and Qutec. The currency for all three is gold and the three major kingdoms have minor rulers that answer to the crown.

Based on the guy I managed to talk to, Qutec would be the Kingdom most known for its cold weather while Aztec was known for its constantly hot temperature throughout the year. Qutec was the most prosperous Kingdom for its abundant gold and jewels making their crown and people wealthy enough to afford greatly structured homes.

Evouls would be the Kingdom known for its fun festivals that can last 'til night. It's a kingdom that prioritizes its citizen's happiness and comfort above all. The crime rate is usually minimal since it is not as prosperous as Qutec. The prince would definitely go there if he wanted to run away for the fun of it.

Kind of also why we decided to go straight here rather than Qutec.

We passed a couple of stalls and homes before we managed to reach the outskirts of Evouls. We're only a few hours away from the nearest town but since we can't risk something bad happening in the dark where we have no clue where we are, we're stopping close to the forest.

Knowing that I wouldn't be much help to them, I sat on a nearby log while I watched them work. Krezairus started with the fire while Arden opened his map to try to find out where we were and cross out the villages we just passed.