The Prologue

𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚡 𝚘𝚏 𝚃𝚠𝚘 𝙲𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚂𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚜

ARE WE STILL FRIENDS?

Tyler, The Creator

"Are we still friends? 

Don't get green skin, keep contact

Don't say "Goodbye, smell you later.""

3:02 ───|────── 4:25

‿︵‿︵୨˚̣̣̣͙୧ - - ୨˚̣̣̣͙୧‿︵‿︵

For the longest time, you and Kunikuzushi have been close friends. You've known each other since you were young children. Growing up, you've always managed to put up with his cocky attitude that always increased as you two aged. No one is sure how you managed to do so. Sure, he has his own friends aside from you but not many. Despite his often brash and harsh exterior, you always knew the side of him that wasn't always like that. 

You were there for him when he told you about his first betrayal; finding out his mother abandoned him like that... it was tough, but you understood and were there for him whenever he is reminded his traumatic past. You were there when he was betrayed a second time by his adoptive family. You didn't know much but you knew it was a mess that Kunikuzushi never really got into, possibly for good reason. You were there for him a third time when he was betrayed by one who was once close friends with him, someone who broke their promise and succumbed to their illness. It was heartbreaking for him.

Because of all of these betrayals, Kunikuzushi became a cold person towards most everyone. He put up a front in order to protect himself, it sometimes felt as though he did this with you too though, you aren't sure if this was intentional or not. Even with his cruel attitude, he still had love within him, it's just that all of these losses were tough on him. He had a hard time accepting loss and death, although it was such a common occurence in his life and life in general, it wasn't easy for him to simply move on. You knew this, and so you were able to stay close friends with him all the way until highschool. 

That was when he was betrayed a fourth time. You started dating a boy named Cyno. A nice, sweet, handsome, strong, and funny guy. Kunikuzushi knew he'd treat you well, so why was he so upset? He wanted you to be happy of course, but due to your relationship with Cyno, you barely had time to spare for the dark haired boy.

 It crushed his heart. Not only because of you hardly being on speaking terms anymore, but also because he was so in love with you and all you could see was Cyno. Eventually, he cut all ties with you. It was quite slow, you hardly even noticed. The two of you once spoke almost daily. Those daily chats slowly turned to one or two texts a day to not talking all together which you didn't notice because of how long it took to get to that point. But, even with Kunikuzushi's grieviance with you, you were fulfilled by your boyfriend, and you were happy. That's all that matters right?