The Slightest Touch

Left there dangling together, our hands. No one saw, that I know of. It made butterflies become in my stomach, no, it felt like a rock. It hurt, but it felt nice.

We had just hugged, my legs wrapped around his waist and both of us breathing slowly. He let my legs down, but we continued to embrace, when we pulled away my hand slid down his arm and he grabbed my hand and spun me around, slowly. I smiled just loving the moment, wanting to freeze time right there.

Then we just left our hands there lingering, neither pulling away. It's was a second until he pulled away to hug another girl. It wasn't in the same way though. It was a simple hug.

That rock in my stomach, how I said it hurt, what hurt worse was when he went to another girl and did almost the same thing that he had done with me, but it was different, there hands didn't linger together like ours did, but I knew he wanted her hand, he wanted her.

He had talked about her earlier, how thought about her all night, it broke my heart. A boy I liked, says another girl was beautiful. It hurt when they held hands when I was talking to them the night before, how he walked her to her room, when mine was closer.

But, I shouldn't care. Even if I got him, even if it was me.

It would have only been a fling.

July 2, 2015.