Chapter 2: AST

"So that's how it is, huh?" said Rimuru, shedding tears as he reviewed the memories the voice of the world had implanted.

After reading through all the events from Walpurgis and the tasks the voice of the world had entrusted him with, he smiled bitterly. Knowing he would not be able to see his friends back in Tempest saddened him deeply.

But despite that, he steeled his resolve and wiped away his tears. He was ready to accomplish the mission granted to him, to save the world.

Rimuru had lost some of his skills, including the powerful Raphael. But his other abilities, like Beelzebub, multi-layer barrier, and elemental manipulation, as well as his resistance and immunity passives, remained.

"Where am I?" he said, confusion apparent in his voice. Rimuru did not know where the voice of the world had brought him.

He looked around, trying to discern his surroundings in the deep, empty space he now found himself in. Undaunted, Rimuru moved forward, exploring this strange new realm.

"I want to leave this place," Rimuru wished, and to his surprise, the space suddenly began to collapse around him.

"Eh? Whats happening?"

Rimuru braced himself, unsure of what was to come next. The boundaries of this isolated dimension seemed to be unraveling, reacting to his very desire to escape. With his resolve steadfast, Rimuru steped forward, ready to face whatever lay beyond.

And as almost instantly, the space arond him disintegrated into nothingness. Slowly he opens his eyes as it reveals his current situation.

He was in the center of a very large crater, on top of a mountain.

"What... just happened?" Rimuru said, confusion etching his features as he surveyed the perfectly smooth, crater-like formation around him.

It was as if something immense had taken a scoop out of the land, like a child carelessly digging into a sandbox with a scooping spoon. Rimuru's brow furrowed as he tried to make sense of the bizarre scene.

"Hello?! Anyone here?!" he cried out, hoping to find someone who could help him understand what was going on.

Spreading his mana, Rimuru could not detect any living beings within the area - only insects. The lack of any animal or human presence was deeply unsettling, especially given the freshness of the crater.

Lifting himself into the air, Rimuru flew above the towering trees and spotted a city in the distance. There were no signs of conflict or destruction that could have caused the crater, no missile impacts or lingering scent of gunpowder.

Examining the crater again more closely, Rimuru realized he could feel the faint emanation of mana from its surroundings. Then, with a dawning sense of horror, he understood.

"It was me..." Rimuru said, his voice laced with dissapointment.

The sheer power of his collapse had torn a massive hole in the very fabric of this world, and Rimuru could only imagine the chaos and destruction he had wrought, he thought he ought to be careful next time. He was lucky that he did this where no human lives.

Rimuru's eyes widened as he detected multiple, fully armed human presences rapidly approaching. When he turned to face them, he was met with the sight of a group of girls in what appeared to be mecha-like battle suits, though their attire was unusually revealing.

Rimuru couldn't help but blush at the sight, thinking, "Why are they wearing such revealing clothing?"

Looking at it, most of them were young girls.