Chapter 3: Darkness Spirit

"Calm down and look," Rimuru said, causing the girls to turn their heads.

As soon as the flames dissipated, Rimuru slipped away while the girls were focused on their comrade.  He disappeared in a flash, creating a small crater as he returned to the space that was part of him.

Rimuru wasn't sure what this place was, but he knew it was his own realm. He imagined the Jura Forest, and it reconstructed itself in his mind.

It's not even been a year since he was thrown into this other world, Rimuru already felt emotionally saddened, nostalgic for the familiar scene. He explored the illusory forest, filled with rabbits bouncing and running, birds flying.

Despite the lively scenery, Rimuru knew all of these creatures were fabrications, willed into existence in this strange place he commanded.

He gazed up at the vibrant azure sky, deep in thought.

What were those capabilities?

He felt as though he possessed more of those peculiar, unfamiliar skills. There was also a subtle shift within him.

He clenched his fist, opening and closing it, trying to discern what felt different.

Focusing his senses, he detected a pulsing sound that he had not felt since his reincarnation.

"A heartbeat?" he muttered, filled with confusion.

Placing a hand to his chest, he felt the steady pulsing - a sensation utterly foreign to him.

Alarmed, he quickly attempted to revert to his former slime state, but nothing happened. It was as if he was irrevocably locked into this new physical form.

Summoning a mana blade, he sliced into his skin, watching as it rippled with blood - a sight that should have been impossible for his previous gelatinous body. Beneath the surface lay flesh, not the expected blue slime.

Though his passive skill neutralized any sense of pain, he could still feel the cut, just without the accompanying discomfort.

"I have... a human body!?" he breathed, his mind racing with bewilderment at this unexpected transformation.

His thoughts were clouded, wondering what could have changed his body. Or had he been reincarnated again?

In a way, yes - he had been reincarnated once more, though he didn't know that.

"Wait, if I have a human body now," he said, as he reached up and felt a small bulge on his chest - breasts.

He flushed red. "No way... Wait, maybe these are just man boobs," he tried to calm himself.

But that seemed unlikely. Most men with man boobs are overweight or have taken pills, and he didn't remember taking any. Plus, he was still pretty thin, just like before.

He could imagine himself in this new form as a "trap" - a male who appears female. But he wasn't entirely sure of his current gender, only just now noticing these physical changes.

As he thought about it, he suddenly realized he was completely naked. Memories came flooding back of fighting those girls... while also being naked.

Overwhelming embarrassment clouded his mind, and he let out an embarrassed scream. "NOOOO!!! KILL ME!!"

He shook his head frantically, the images of his naked form fighting playing vividly in his mind. The only thing covering him were mana particles, which covered almost half his body. But even with that partial coverage, it was still deeply embarrassing to the core.

Location: Ratatoskr Headquarters

Kotori bursts into the meeting room, Shido trailing behind her.