4

Ezra gulped feeling the tension in the air which was thick enough to be sliced with a knife. Both the crown princes were having a glaring match and ezra felt the desperate need to get out from there. He turned towards his brother with a small uneasy smile.

"ahh brother! I was about to come find you." ezra said hoping to stop the two from eating each other's head and it did. Upon hearing him Elijah turned to him with a raised eyebrows.

"do you need anything?" he asked to which ezra shook his head.

"i just wanted to talk about something" he said slowly and Elijah just hummed.

Without waiting for him to say anything ezra dragged him out of there. He could literally feel the gaze of the prince on his back yet he was too much of a coward to turn around.

Once they were out of sight he let out a sigh of relief. He looked up and met with Elijah's questioning gaze. He chuckled awkwardly before coming up with an excuse to drag him here. He talked about how Elijah didn't visit him for the past days when he was refined within his bedroom. Elijah apologised saying he was busy with country affairs.

They talked for a while and as time passed Ezra noticed how wise and strong of a man Elijah is. He somehow knew he would make a great king.

Ezra smiled softly feeling indescribable proudness swell in his chest. As he was talking he noticed something from the corner of the eyes. Before he could look over someone approached them and led Elijah somewhere he needed to be. He bid his farewell to his brother and went away. And Ezra was left alone once again that night.

He looked around trying to see if there is any food because his stomach had started its opera. As he was searching he suddenly noticed a dark figure moving out of the corner of his eyes. He turned around hastly only to see nothing. But as he turned back around he was startled for a moment when he saw a six foot man with a large cloak covering his face standing few feets away from him. What disturbed him the most is the fact that nobody else seemed to notice the unusual figure in the crowd.

He frowned visibly confused. The figure slowly raised one of its hand and gestured Ezra to follow him with his paler than usual hand which had large black claws making Ezra scared. Despite his better judgement he somehow felt like he should follow them. So when the figure turned around and started to walk towards the forest Ezra too followed them.

After walking for a while Ezra noticed that the light had started to dim in the forest. Earlier the lights from the party was his assistant and there was moonlight to guide him bjt now neither of them was there for him. He felt his nerve started to wreck. He slowly swallowed his saliva before speaking.

"h-hey! Where are we going?" he heard his voice break making him cringe. But the figure didn't say anything. Instead it stopped walking and stood there silently making ezra confused. He too stopped few feets away and waited for something or anything to happen.

As the time ticked Ezra was startled when the figure suddenly disappeared into thin air. He looked around frantically trying to locate the figure in fear. But he was met with utter silence. Before he could call out to someone the ground beneath him started to shake making him unable to stand properly. He panicked and tried to run but couldn't even step a feet forward when the ground instantly opened making him fall through.

He couldn't contain his scream as he fell through the dark hole which seemed never ending. But when he finally landed on the floor he was standing perfectly with his both feet on the ground. He looked around confused. It all felt like a dream.

He realised that he was standing in the middle of a cave place where the walls had carvings of certain patterns he didn't understand.

"welcome Ezra" A sudden voice made ezra jump on his skin.