CHAPTER 3

When something good or bad is about to happen. Time tends to slow down.
That was the case for Noah. As time slowd and Saturday seemed to be getting farther away. Not to mention he days in between got rotten.
Starting from thursday.
Kylie's birthday could only distract him so much. But he could hardly take his mind off tge thought that a dead mab was living.
     He tried so hard to take his mind off it but it kept coming back.
What did Vincent say. Raising the dead had been done before? So why not again?.
  But all those people had been good people. Why the hell would God resurrect a murderer?
Noah had never been one to deeply believe in God. But this was something else.
  When he was barely a Christian he hadn't seen a dead man walk. But now?.....
      He had just managed to take the thought off his mind when something thag removed all the doubts he had been having.q
    On thursday when he was heading to he mall to pick a gift for kylie. He was in the middle of wondering which store to go into when he saw a familiar flaming red hair.
  Robert?
The strange man glanced at him but he couldn't see his face.
The man suddenly started running and on instinct Noah followed.

He chased the man around the mall.
Ironically no one gave them a second glance. Apparently being chased around a mall on a thursday afternoon was completely normal.

   In his need to catch the person he didn't notice where he was being lured to. Not until he was lured into an abandoned storage room and he heard the door close and lock behind him.

    He instantly turned around and asked the inevitable.
"Who are you?!" He practically yelled.

The man turned around. Slowly. It toom eternity.

Noah almost fell over.
Standing i  front of him now. Was a man who died three years ago.

It couldn't be possible. He had seen him die. The body and everything. So why the hell was that same man standing in front of him now. And more importantly what did he plan to do with him?

"Hello Noah." Robert said.
"How are you not dead?" He asked.
"Now see that's no way to greet your uncle after 5 years Noah." Robert said.
"What do you want." Noah was close to tears now. But he would rather be burnt alive that cry in front of this man.

Speaking of being burnt alive."Aren't you supposed to be dead. Burnt and all that."Noah tried to say casually.
Its kinds hard when said person is responsible for your parents dead.

"Yeah. I died. To be honest dying sucks so am glad to be back." He said just as calmly as Noah.

"You know normally, when people die they dont normally come back. The just stay......you know........dead."

"Yeah that's supposed to be how it is. I'd tell you but that's classified information."

Noah decided to voice the question that had been on his mind. "So what do you want?"

"So you know. I have some unfinished business from the last time I lived. I gotta finish it."

So he wanted to kill him. That made sense.

"You know that unfinished business is what got you killed in the first place right?"

Roberts face darkened. "I dont plan on making the same mistake twice. Plus killing you wont be so hard anyway."

"That's why you brought me here? To kill me"

"Nah. It'll be fun messing with you."

"Since you're gonna kill me you might as well tell me how you came back to life." It was weak yes but worth a shot.

Robert pretended to consider what he was saying then said. "No." He said simply then he olened the door waved and then walked away closing the door behind him.

Noah remained there trying to digest what had just happened. As if he would blink and be back in his room and everything would be a dream.

     He had just barely managed to push the memory of his parents to the back of his mind.
The wounds caused by their deaths were just healing but with the recent happenings they were wide open again and were just as painful.

    In a daze he managed to get back to his car and go home the gift he was meant to get for kylie forgotten.

When he got home his aunt Marissa asked him if he was doing well. He managed a smile and told her he was fine and that he wasn't eating that night as he was tired.

When he was alone in his room he couldn't stop thinking about the dead man who threatened his life. Eventually he pulled out his laptop and began searching for cases of dead men who came back to life.
There wasn't much serious content to work with. Just some kids who played joked faked deaths and movies.

One thing did catch his eye. The incident happened only over a month ago in germany. He translated it to english and read.

    It was about a psychotic serial killer who had died 4 years before but murdered an entire family a month ago.
      Noah blinked. Could it be related?
He didn't want to get himself involved. He just wanted a normal life.
The next time he saw Robert he would try to reason with him.

The next day after school and football practice he went back to the mall to get kylie's gift. He made up his mind not to chase any one 'living or dead' and kept that promise.

   After searching for a while he settled on a yin and yang necklace so he would keep one half and kylie would take the other. He half expected robert to jump out with a chainsaw and start chasing him.

Fortunately that half of him was wrong and he made it home safely.
Before he slept he considered telling someone his situation.

But who the hell would believe a teenager who claimed a dead man came backt to life and threatened to kill him?