Ch.1 - Heartstrings and Hardships

In the bustling classroom, amidst the rhythmic drone of the lecturer's voice, Evangeline Blake sat, her gaze fixed on Nathan blackwood, the tallest presence in the room. Her own stature was diminutive compared to his towering figure, yet her presence held its own unique allure.

Evangeline possessed a delicate beauty, emphasized by the soft roundness of her cheeks and the enchanting gummy smile that graced her lips. Her dark hazel eyes, framed by long lashes, held a depth that hinted at hidden desires, while her long hair cascaded in waves around her face, her glasses delicately perched around her captivating eyes, enhancing their beauty with a touch of scholarly charm. Just below her right eye lay a birthmark, a perfect fit that only added to her delicate charm.

Nathan, with his imposing height and broad shoulders, commanded attention without effort. His eyes, sharp as daggers, cut through the ordinary to uncover the extraordinary. A birthmark, barely visible at the back of his neck, added a touch of mystery to his rugged charm.

As the lecture droned on, Evangeline found herself lost in a reverie, her gaze fixed on Nathan's back. The urge to reach out and touch the birthmark that lay hidden beneath his shirt was overwhelming, a silent longing that pulsed beneath her skin.

But reality intruded in the form of the lecturer's stern voice, snapping Evangeline back to the present moment. With a sheepish blush, she endured the scolding and the curious glances of her classmates, her mind still lingering on the enigma that was Nathan.

After the class, her friends surrounded her, their voices a mix of questions and laughter.In their midst stood her best friend, Lily Gray, whose knowing smile deepened the blush on Evangeline's cheeks.

"Are you so concentrated on Nathan these days?" Lily teased, causing Evangeline's heart to race with nervous anticipation.

Evangeline hesitated, unsure how to respond, but Lily's playful nudging prompted her to share her feelings.

"I... I don't know, Lily. There's just something about him" she admitted, her cheeks flushing with embarrassment.

Lily's eyes twinkled with mischief as she leaned in closer.

"Well, if you like him so much, why don't you just tell him?" she suggested with a sly grin.

Evangeline's eyes widened in surprise at the boldness of Lily's suggestion.

"But... what if he doesn't feel the same way?" she whispered, her voice tinged with uncertainty.

Lily shrugged nonchalantly.

"You'll never know unless you try, right? Besides, it's better to know than to spend all your time wondering 'what if'," she reasoned, her words striking a chord with Evangeline.

As the school day came to an end, Evangeline found herself lost in thought, her mind consumed by the possibility of confessing her feelings to Nathan. With a newfound resolve, she made her way home, her steps quickening with determination.

It was no coincidence that Evangeline knew where Nathan lived; their houses were located in the same neighborhood, just a few blocks apart. As she walked past his house, a surge of nerves coursed through her veins, but she pushed aside her doubts, focusing instead on her goal.

Every day, Evangeline waited outside her house, hoping to catch a glimpse of Nathan's familiar form as he entered his own home, oblivious to her presence.

As Nathan finally approached his house, his confusion deepened when he spotted Evangeline waiting there, her presence eliciting a puzzled frown upon his face. As Evangeline saw Nathan, her heart pounded in her chest as she summoned the courage to speak.