¹⁸ ridiculous

"hey, whatcha got there Stanley?" someone asked. "oh great," I mumbled. "here we go again." I looked up to see Stanley stood with Mom, a large rock in his hands.

everyone was strutting over to see what the big deal was. naturally, I joined them. "man, lemme see!" Magnet whined. "bro, move out my way." I shoved past X receiving a glare, which I smiled at.

"awww," Armpit cooed. "look at the little fishies." I giggled at the boy as everyone else looked at him funny. Pit then cleared his throat. "I mean, uh. it looks like them cave pictures, man."

suddenly, they all decided they were bored. "I think Stanley belongs in a cave, man." Zig said. "I told you he was a neanderthal the first time I saw him." X-ray added. I glanced back at the boy, he was still stood talking to Mom.

"he ain't that bad. he's just.. awkward. I think he's quite nice... which is more than can be said for most of you guys." I shrugged. "yeah? why don't you date him then?" Magnet cackled.

"yeah, why don't ya." Squid grumbled as I jumped into my hole. "what?" I laughed. "why don't you? you're always defendin' him." he rolled his eyes. "you're taking the piss. you can't be serious!" I was baffled.

"no." he shook his head. "you're ridiculous. just because I'm not an asshole to my friend, you think I fancy him or something?" I questioned. "mhm." he hummed simply. I scoffed and finished digging in silence until I stormed off an hour later.

"ugh, he's being so ridiculous!" I sighed to Blondie. at this point, she was my relationship consultant. "maybe he's jealous. I mean, you're in a camp full of guys and you're, obviously, really pretty. and Stan has been googley eyed since he saw you." she replied, brushing my hair.

"you're the best, you know that right?" I laughed. "but he doesn't have to be jealous. I just don't want anyone feeling upset." I frowned as she began separating my hair.

"just try talking to him, without getting mad immediately. you're both so tempered sometimes." she reasoned. "'kay. anyway, so!" I wiggled my eyebrows. "what about you and a certain boy?"

"there's no boy." she shook her head. "yes there is. dinger!" I insisted. "sssshhhh!" she hissed. "see, you do like him." I smirked. "okay fine, yes." she sighed.

"I knew it. you two keep staring at each other and stuff. it's adorable!" I smiled. "really? no, he isn't looking at me." she denied. "uh, yes he is. whenever you aren't looking."

Blondie opened her mouth to speak again but Squid hesitantly walked into the tent. "hey." he rubbed the back of his neck. "hi, Squid." Blondie cheerfully greeted. I simply glared at him then looked away.

"Ladybird," he pleaded. "Alan." I replied. "Look, can I just talk to you for a minute, please?" he asked. "Tay's doing my hair."

"No I'm not, all done." she tied a hairband around the end of a plait. "Fine, let's go. Thanks B." I sighed and thanked her for doing my hair. "What?" I questioned, sitting on the steps outside our tent. "I... I'm sorry." he avoided eye contact. "Sorry for what?" I pushed.

I wasn't going to accept his apology until I knew he really meant it. He got annoyed at me for no reason, I didn't deserve for him to act like that.