Chapter 1 - Him

The first time, ah man, I saw her but she didn't even see me! In her haste to solicit the other customers she brushed right past me, the one who was willing to buy everything from her to just prolong her visit. I use to think that those stories of falling in love and love at first sight was full of hyperboles now I realize they were the complete opposite. Just to see her gaze in my direction I was willing to do just about anything, even lie, something completely out of character for me.

"How much is the flag?" I asked knowing full well I had no interest in the products just the seller.

"10 dollars" she answered with a smile and I almost gave her my wallet

She then proceeded to tell me about her other products. They looked quite juvenile to me but if it made her happy talking about it and she got as passionate as she was now, I would ask her many more questions just to be next to that fire. Cheese, she wasn't even fine by any standards. Her plain shoes and long black pants almost gave her a tomboy look. She did handle herself well in a conversation if the little I heard from her was any indication but boy was I strung! The thing is that I would have loved to stay here and talk to her but my birthday was in a few days and I could afford to get attached to anyone and definitely not someone as innocent as her. Her innocence permeated the entire atmosphere of this place.

No matter how much you try, one can never escape run from who one is and one can never escape ones parents. I use to live with an uncle who I called father for as long as I can remember; my first memories were of him holding me as a child while I cried. He comforted me and gave me awesome advice. I use to think he was infallible until that night. After that night, nothing was ever the same. I mean I tried to look at him in the same way but it was like I was introduced to a new person for the first time.

So I peeked at the colors that she had her in plastic container and picked three colors at random. I asked if she could make me two bracelets and a chain in those colors. She said yes but she said that it would take a few minutes. I said that was fine, I would wait and she then explained that she had to be seated to complete the task. I knew I would get in trouble but I invited her to sit in my office and create my pieces. She seemed quite appreciative. I excused myself for a moment and went to explain to the boss. It wasn't too bad considering he was family. He did give me a tongue lashing and after promising to assist for two extra hours, I was free to return and mingle with my guest.

Well, she was fast! She already had one band finished and was beginning the second one. I was sure she was not interested in me because other than the customer friendly smile she didn't offer any others. I knew I was wrong for what I was about to do but I had to. There was no other way to be done with it.

"How much would I have to pay to kiss you?" I asked knowing that this probably was going to earn me a slap... one that I was willing to take as long as she allowed me to take her lips just for a few minutes.

"What? Why?" she asked blushing although I thought that was impossible for a woman of her dark pigmentation.

"I am extremely attracted to you and I would like to sample your lips" being completely honest and yet lying by omission. I didn't want to sample her lips. I wanted to sample every part of her in ever known position to man.

I guess this was lust then? It's weird I don't know what caused it but I was immensely attracted to her.

"It's no charge" she whispered quietly and yet stared directly in my eyes

Before I could even respond I had my lips merged with hers. I tried to make it light and sweet but she tasted better than I imagined. Before I knew it I had her face cradled and my tongue was in her mouth.

"Stop" I heard at a great distance to us or at least that's what it felt like

"I said stop" the voice said a little closer this time. Or rather closer than I thought because the next thing I felt, was someone wrenching her from out of my hands.

"Are you trying to kill her?" He asked and only then did notice my hands were around her waist a little too tight.