Mall Madness

Norman Osborn is inside his office that was only lit by a monitor as he kept on watching the video of Sentry's first appearance. He stared at the Sentry's figure carrying the building as he called his fist in frustration as he glared at the screen.

Norman: "That was supposed to be Oscorp property. Mark my words, I'll get a drop of that serum."

He went back to watching the recorded video as the camera pan outside of the Oscorp building.

-X-Mansion-

Jean Grey just finished teaching her class as the students slowly walked out of the room she reached in. She was grabbing her things when she heard footsteps stop near the door. She didn't need to turn around to know who the person was.

Jean: "What do you want now Scott?"

Scott sensing the tone of her voice can only sigh. He approached the woman but stopped a few feet away from her.

Scott: "I just came to talk. Nothing more."

Jean: "What's there to talk about?"

Scott: "About....us."

Jean turned around with her arms crossed as she stared at her ex-boyfriend.

Jean: "There is no us anymore Scott. I have moved on from our relationship and just want time for myself. If you'll excuse me, I have somewhere to go."

She grabbed her bag and walked past the leader of the X-Men as he could only watch her leave the room. Scott ruffled his hair and heard a cough from the door. He looked up and saw Ororo leaning on the door frame.

Ororo: "Wanna talk about it?"

Jean walked inside the Professor's office to find him reading a book. Charles looked up and saw his former student approaching him.

Charles: "Jean, what can I do for you this fine morning."

Jean: "Uhm Professor, is it okay to go out for a little while. I just wanted to relieve some stress."

Charles: "Is this about Scott?"

Jean nodded as Charles didn't pry anymore and just nodded making Jean smile in appreciation.

Jean: "Thank you Professor. See you when I get back."

Charles: "Be safe out there."

Jean waved goodbye before walking out of the office and flying off towards New York.

-New York-

Jean walked around New York after landing in an alleyway away from prying eyes. She was just walking around when she bumped into someone or more of a brick wall.

Jean: "Sorry about that. I wasn't looking."

???: "It's okay. I wasn't looking either."

Hearing the familiar voice, she looked up at the towering figure. She saw the familiar blonde hair and blue eyes. The difference is, he wore a cap hiding half his face and he is wearing casual clothes with a leather jacket on.

Jean: "Sentry-"

Y/n: "Shh. Let's talk in that cafe over there."

Jean nodded excitedly and grabbed Y/n by the arm. Y/n just smiled and followed Jean who was "trying" to drag him. The two are now sitting across each other with Y/n having a cup of coffee and Jean having a vanilla sundae.

Jean: "Well let me finally introduce myself. I'm Jean Grey."

Y/n: "Colonel Y/n Reynolds. Nice to finally meet The Phoenix."