THE IKEA BOOKCASE

"Maybe we should have asked Yoongi to come and do it."

The office in the brand new home that Seokjin had purchased two weeks after he was discharged from the military was completely bare apart from four large boxes that IKEA had just delivered. One box had been opened with its contents spread across the floor and one instruction manual which said it was so easy to do and could be easily assembled by two people.

Seokjin had taken that as a personal challenge and after an hour, the only thing he had accomplished was getting one part of the large bookcase somewhat completed.

Grace stood over her partner as he sat on the floor, flicking through the pages and wondering (not for the first time today) if they had missed something. IKEA that is. Seokjin knew what he was doing.

"I'm not calling Yoongi to help me put together my girlfriend's bookcase that she has specifically ordered to hold all her books, awards and trophies," he grumbled. "Just because he bragged about installing 3 bidets back at the dorm doesn't mean I can't put together a bookcase."

"Okay," Grace drawled as she held up her hands in defeat. It would be easier to leave him to it, to go and organise the rest of the house that was now theirs and come back to him when it was nearly dinnertime when his attention would be off the trickiness of IKEA and on his stomach. Pizza would be a good idea.

In the time between when she had last seen Seokjin and half an hour before dinner, Grace had completely unpacked their bedroom and had sorted their ridiculously large walk-in closet as well as made the bed, putting on new covers and decorated it with the things they had bought together - to match their unique individual styles. RJ had taken pride of place on the chair in the corner of the room.

The only rooms left to sort were the two spare bedrooms, the office, the two bathrooms and lastly the kitchen. But the kitchen was Seokjin's department after he had completed the bookcase. Or he'd give up and actually call Yoongi, declare IKEA were wrong and go to the safe haven of his kitchen.

She peered her head around the doorway, to find the bookcase had been completed but there were parts left over that shouldn't have been left over. And Seokjin as well as Yoongi, who was on FaceTime, were completely puzzled as to why there were bits still laying on the floor.

"How about," Grace started which made Seokjin jump and yelp causing Yoongi to disappear from the FaceTime call completely, "we order food and we both come and look at this after we've eaten. You've been at it all day."

"It's there," Seokjin sighed as he ended the call and rested his hands on his hips, frowning at the bookcase.

"Don't frown, love, you'll get wrinkles," she giggled as her fingers smoothed out his forehead. "Come on, let's go and order your favourite pizza and we'll have a look at it later."

Her boyfriend grumbled about being defeated by a bookcase but trudged out of the office. The defiant bookcase stood against the wall, complete in all its glory, apart from the few pieces that lay over the floor. It wouldn't be tackled for another couple of days, when Yoongi would appear and take it apart and put it together again, with no pieces missing.