THE RED POLISH

It was a rare day off for the oldest members of BTS. They had no plans and no schedules, everyone else was out and about doing their own thing or even at the studio because they were workaholics. For Seokjin and Grace, it meant doing their own thing before everyone returned to the dorm.

Which is how Grace found herself on the couch, with the TV set to the game console and Seokjin busily preparing both of them some snacks. She had foregone the idea of taking up the other gamepad to instead prep her nails for what was going to be a heavy week of fake nails and copious amounts of nail polish.

She had brought out a shade of red as well as clear polish, unable to decide if she should go for a colour or keep it clear so it would be easier for the stylists to do what they wanted. Grace was perusing her options and filing her nails when Seokjin came back with a tray, filled with snacks and drinks.

"Okay! Here we go," he said as he placed the tray between them on the couch.

There was something comforting about listening to Seokjin's game even if his noises were questionable and his shouts and moans were something that should be left to the bedroom but other than that, listening to him encourage himself and talk himself through the quest that had started the moment Grace had covered her nails in the clear polish.

Over an hour later, the snack tray had been emptied and placed on the floor and somehow Seokjin's feet had ended up in Grace's lap.

'How did this happen,' she thought to herself with a frown. A glance at her partner showed he was too absorbed in his game, the leftover bowl of popcorn balanced on his chest.

Well, only one thing for it.

She grabbed the red nail polish and carefully, slowly and trying to do it without being seen, she began to paint Seokjin's toenails.

"Ya! What the-" he stopped himself when she got to his smallest toe and took a look at what she had done. "They don't look too bad."

"I know right? I should have gone into nail art rather than being an idol," Grace grinned as she finished off the last toe.

"Stylists are going to have a field day," Seokjin grinned as he returned to his game, wiggling his newly painted toenails.

He kept them like that the entire week even when filming and ignored the others giggling over his bright red toes, though Jimin and Hobi had lined up to have theirs done.