Chapter Three

Early Wednesday Morning, August 27th:

    I looked at the artist's designs in some books while Harvey got hers done. I really have no clue what I want at this point. I want it on my arm. Harry looked through the artist's instagram.

"See anything you like?" Harry asked.

"Not really. I want something simple. Something that isn't a story but has a story behind it," I replied, "I sound ridiculous, sorry." I laughed to myself.

"No I get it. I can tell by looking at you other work that's the style you like." Harry said with a reassuring smile.

I walked over to Harvey to see how her piece was coming along. She was getting a geometric deer on her arm. The artists placing was perfect.

"What do you think Logan?" she asked me.

"Its coming along really nicely Harv." I smiled.

"Have you thought of what you want yet?" Mark stopped working of Harvey's arm to ask.

"Still working on it." I responded.

I walked back over to where Harry was sitting on his phone. I slumped down next to him. He slid his phone back into his pocket and put his arm on the couch behind me.

"Wait can you check the time? I need to get home eventually, I have class tomorrow," I asked.

"Yeah, it's 1:49am." Harry said looking at his screen.

"Thanks," I replied, "wait thats it."

"What's it?" Harry asked.

"Thats what I'm going to get a tattoo of."

***

I sat down in Mark's chair, "Right here," I said pointing next to my tattoo of a group of flowers, "really small though." I told him.

Mark began marking my skin with ink. Harry sat next to me watching intently. He asked me questions to keep my mind off the pain, even though this wasn't my first tattoo and it really wouldn't take more than a few minutes.

"What do you think?" I asked Harry, Harvey, and Julie.

"It's cute." Julie beamed.

"The placement is really great, you know, next to the peonies." Harvey said.

Harry looked distracted, he had lifted up the corner of his shirt, exposing his hip bone.

"What do you think Harry?" I questioned.

"Huh? Oh, uh I have a question to ask you really quick." Harry said releasing his shirt.

***

Harry and I stepped outside the parlor, "What's up, what did you want to ask me?" I asked politely. Harry ran his fingers through his long locks.

"Uh well I know tattoos are really personal, and mean something special to the person it's on." he said nervously.

"Yeah and?" I pushed.Where was he going with this?

Out of no where blinding flashes from cameras ambushed us. Four men shouted questions at Harry, but to me it just sounded like nonsense. I put my hand up to shield my eyes. Harry grabbed my arm and pulled me back inside.

"Mark is it okay if we go back here?" Harry asked pointing at the back room of the parlor. Mark gave us the okay.

"What I was saying was, well I'm trying to ask if I can get that same tattoo." Harry asked pointing at my fresh irritated patch of skin where I had been tattooed.

"What? Oh uh yeah sure, I don't mind." I said with a reassuring smile.

"You're so great." Harry replied with a huge grin. We both walked out of the back room. Harry told Mark and got 1:49 tattooed on his hip bone.