❝Masterminds' Day Off!❞ (AU)

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Shuichi and Kokichi lowkey shit on Kaede and Kaito here 😭😭😭
BUT JUST KNOW I AM NOT A KAEDE OR KAITO HATER I JUST THOUGHT TO ADD IT CONSIDERING THE CONTEXT OF THE FIC. THE KAEDE AND KAITO HATE WILL NOT BE PRESENT IN ANY OTHER SAIOUMA FIC I MAKE, JUST THIS ONE CAUSE IT MAKES SENSE. Also despite Hotel Kamasutra being here there is nothing sexual that happens NOTHING AT ALL. I WOULD NEVER DO THAT. Just jokes about it at most THIS FANFIC IS PRETTY UNSERIOUS AND MAKES LOADS OF REFERENCES TO DRV3 ITSELF SO YEAH 💀💀🙏🙏
Ya'll should know that I'm really unserious when it comes to writing anything so yeah 😭😭😭

-

(SHUICHI SAIHARA'S POV)

Since the killing game was initiated, Kokichi, Tsumugi, and I have been feigning the despair and distress felt by the killing game's participants while acting out the characters we were assigned. Up until Kaede's grand death I had to pretend to be her friend and whatnot as planned. I wished Team Danganronpa had assigned someone else to assume that role because it was exhausting and constantly tested my patience. But it was worth the struggle, in the end since I was given the special privilege of personally designing the first execution for this season which was the Ultimate Pianist's execution: Deh Flowalzer and seeing it come to life.

At the time I already took a lot of measures to make it as brutal as I could think of for her talent, it was payback that I knew would need to see after the many times I'd have to spend with her and her voice that annoyed me to death. That and her mawkish motivational speeches. Her millions of fans would probably grind their teeth in rage hearing such a thing from me but I don't care about her anyway, she's really just a fictional character-not a real person. A character I wrote, at least I only helped to write the twist she is involved in at the end.

There were only two people, real people I knew among the cast: The Ultimate Supreme Leader Kokichi Ouma, my partner in masterminding this killing game as well as my lover. Not to mention, The Ultimate Cosplayer Tsumugi Shirogane, the one assigned to be the "traitor" and our right-hand woman. She was a sudden addition to our team, apparently despite our staff already being full she was still hired due to her brilliant skills in writing and creating costumes. Indeed, she is extremely talented and helped Kokichi and I a lot. We could even consider her our friend.

As we were too busy maintaining our disguises we hadn't spoken much since the season started. Well, atleast not in person, we were able to chat through a few text messages sent through our shared group chat or when me and Kokichi would chat through our dms privately. Though in the group chat we would talk a lot of trash about the characters. While we did like them it was a similar sort of situation with a friend when you start living under the same roof. It's alright at first, I mean you do like them but overtime you sometimes get pissed with each other's habits and flaws or even each other's presence in general. And even grow to hate them. Which is what we felt about the characters we made for this season. Of course, we made sure nobody was watching us send those text messages, we were usually in our dorm rooms at the time. I remember specifically that Tsumugi said she hated Rantaro's side profile so much that wanted to hit him in the head and watch him bleed. Ironically, though unplanned, that's actually what she ended up doing...

To celebrate the commercially successful premiere of Danganronpa 53: Killing Harmony's first episode, we arranged to meet in the hidden room late in the evening to talk the night away and maybe have a few snacks. All I wanted was to get away from all this fiction, from Kaede, Kaito, and any other character I'd have to talk to and be with *real* people and not plot devices. In order for such a thing to be able to occur without much risk, my room, Kokichi's room, and Tsumugi's room were the only ones that would be unlocked until the hour before the morning announcement. So the others students wouldn't be able to open their dorms even if they tried, but because of the amount of stress and despair they had to go through earlier they probably would be sleeping without interruptions to rekindle their lost energy or as a means to temporarily escape their grief.