Wattpad Original
There are 3 more free parts

Ch. 20: Slow

Corden

"So, you took over for your father and you're trying to find the man who murdered him?"

My eyes focus on Hadari as she spins around the pole in countless circles. I should call her Carmen since that's her real name, but I don't want to risk saying it in a place like The Harbor. Plus, Hadari fits her better. In this blue little frilly lingerie set? Yeah. She's dangerous, indeed.

We're in the Red Room again. Somehow I talked her into continuing her private dances for me. And while she refuses to touch me because of the whole Archer situation, I plan to rectify that soon. The connection we share isn't one that can be ignored, and although I'm not going to disrespect her relationship or persuade her into doing something she'll regret, I'm sure as hell not giving up. I tried to forget her. Tried to focus on business and revert to a life before her. It didn't work.

So now I'm here, admiring this woman work the pole like a fucking goddess. Her breasts are barely held back by the delicate lace, and my thoughts immediately stray to how little effort it would take to rip it with my teeth, and—

"Corden?"

Fuck.

The question.

"Sorry. Yes, I'm trying to locate him, but it's...difficult to catch him alone when he's constantly surrounded by security. I have someone working for me on the inside of his operation, but no luck has come from it yet. Rafino isn't the kind of guy to let just anyone into his inner circle. It's going to take time."

She nods thoughtfully, parting her thighs as she slides to the floor like a wet dream. "And your operation... Do you also partake in illegal things? Drugs? Murder?"

My eyes meet hers, and from the expression on her face, it's almost as if she's testing me to see if I'd stick to my word. I meant it when I said I would let her in. If she wants to know about my life then so be it. As I said before, I tried to push her away. It didn't fucking work.

"When necessary," I respond tightly. "I need to ensure we have money coming in, and the easiest way to do that is by selling narcotics, but I try not to do it often."

"And murder?"

"When necessary."

I can see her gulp from sitting in a chair five feet away. This isn't a lifestyle she's comfortable with, but it's one I can only assume she's already pieced together. I don't imagine she's a naive woman, especially when I've seen her in a life-or-death situation that she handled beautifully. Everything I'm telling her has more than likely already been an assumption.

"So the man who tried to kidnap me... He worked for Rafino?"

I nod. "He has people watching me at all times, and when he heard you were found close to me, he wanted to get his hands on you. He'll stop at nothing to take me down, but it isn't going to happen. I'm going to get to him first and end all of it."

"All of it?" She tilts her head to the side, studying me. "Even your father's operation?"

"Definitely. This isn't something my father wanted to create. He was forced into it by the death threats Rafino gave him. All of this has been to make the city a better place, even if it may not seem like it. Believe it or not, I'm the...good guy in this situation. My men are, too."

"Hm..." She climbs up the pole with her thighs deliciously clenched around it, then she bends backward, exposing her toned abs and breasts to me. I've never felt temptation so strongly. After our kiss, I need more of it. She consumes my every thought. "What are you thinking about?" She asks.