Hidden Emotions and Playful Celebrations (CH - 142)

Hey everyone,

I'm so, so sorry for the long break in publishing! 😔 Life threw some unexpected and really personal challenges my way, and I just couldn't keep up. Trust me, I missed this space and connecting with all of you. Thanks a ton for sticking around and being so patient. Your support means the world to me, and I promise I'll make it up to you with more regular updates! 💖

I might not be able to update new chapters as frequently as before, but I'll definitely try to get new, long chapters out as soon as possible. I'm currently working on rewriting a chapter, so please review it and let me know what you think!

Thanks again for your understanding and support. I'm excited to share more with you soon!

Happy Reading! 🌟

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daya was still unconvinced. His eyes darted around as if he was searching for someone or something that could give him answers. Before Abhijeet could say anything further, his phone buzzed. It was the ACP, waiting by the car to go to the bureau. With a nod, Abhijeet gestured for Daya to follow him, and the two of them left the Intelligence Bureau, both lost in their own thoughts, unsure of what to make of the situation.

As they walked out, they remained unaware that Shreya had been hiding behind a pillar, listening to their conversation the whole time. As soon as she was sure they were gone, she stepped out from her hiding spot, her face a mix of guilt and sorrow. Her heart felt heavy, and her thoughts swirled like a storm.

ShreyaAapne sahi kaha, Abhi Sir. Mere dil mein aur meri zindagi mein, Daya Sir ke liye koi jagah nahi hai. 😢

She whispered to herself, her voice barely audible. A single tear escaped her eye, and she quickly wiped it away, not wanting anyone to see her like this. The guilt weighed heavily on her shoulders as she turned and started walking away. Her steps were slow, and hesitant, as though each step was a reminder of the emotional burden she was carrying. She avoided making eye contact with anyone who passed by, her gaze fixed on the ground, and her hands trembled slightly as she clutched the file close to her chest.

The atmosphere around her was tense. It felt like the walls themselves were closing in, amplifying the guilt she felt. Shreya's heart raced as her thoughts conflicted with her actions. She had never imagined herself in such a situation, caught between her feelings and her reality. She turned a corner and disappeared from view, leaving behind an air of uncertainty and concern. For now, she knew she had to face her decisions, no matter how difficult they were.

Scene Change

It was a calm morning, and the sunlight streamed through the kitchen windows, casting a soft, golden glow on the countertops. The warm light made the room feel peaceful, but Shreya's mind was elsewhere. She stood by the stove, holding a cup of coffee in her hands, her thoughts wandering. She had been lost in her mind for a while now, thinking about everything that had happened. The conversation she overheard with Daya and Abhijeet still lingered in her mind, but she didn't want to let it ruin her day.

Suddenly, her train of thought was interrupted as two familiar arms wrapped gently around her waist from behind. She smiled softly, knowing exactly who it was.

Siddhart had sneaked up behind her, pulling her close, a playful grin on his face.

Siddhart (whispering playfully) – Happy birthday, Shree.

He kissed her gently on her right cheek. 😘

Shreya (smiling) – Thank you

Shreya (smiling) – Thank you. 😊

After a brief moment of enjoying the closeness, Shreya gently turned in his arms and lightly pushed him away.

ShreyaThoda door, Siddhart! Mom Dad ghar par hi hain. 🫢

She whispered, glancing around the room quickly, worried that someone might walk in on them.

Just then, a voice spoke up from behind them as if on cue.

MILHaan, par Mom ne kuch dekha nahi. Agar tum log busy ho, toh main wapas room mein chali jaati hoon. 🤭

Shreya's eyes widened in shock as she quickly stepped away from Siddhart

Shreya's eyes widened in shock as she quickly stepped away from Siddhart. Her mother-in-law stood in the doorway, a playful smile on her face, clearly amused by the scene she had just witnessed.

Both Shreya and Siddhart exchanged a quick, guilty glance before slowly walking toward her, trying to act as though nothing had happened.

Shreya, feeling embarrassed, quickly bowed slightly to touch her mother-in-law's feet out of respect.

ShreyaMaa...

But before she could touch her feet, her mother-in-law stopped her, shaking her head with a warm smile.

MILNahi, nahi beta, ghar ki Lakshmi pair nahi chhuti. 😊

She gently cupped Shreya's face in her hands, offering her a motherly smile.

MILHappy birthday, mera bachha.

Shreya's embarrassment quickly melted away as she smiled back.

ShreyaThank you so much, Mumma. 😊

With a warm, affectionate look, her mother-in-law reached into her small purse and pulled out some money. She performed the traditional "nazar utarna" gesture, waving the money over Shreya to ward off any evil eye.

Once the little ritual was complete, Siddhart, who had been watching the whole thing with a teasing grin, quickly stepped forward with his hand outstretched.

Siddhart (teasingly) – Lao, mujhe dedo. 🫴

His mother gave him an amused look, clearly not falling for his playful request.

MILGareeb ko dete hain. 🤨

Siddhart immediately put on a mock sad expression, trying his best to look pitiful.

SiddhartMain bhi toh gareeb hoon. ☹️

But his mother wasn't having it. She rolled her eyes at him, her face saying "You're impossible," before turning to hand the money to the staff member who had just entered the room.

Siddhart let out a dramatic sigh, pretending to be deeply hurt by the rejection. Shreya giggled at his antics, shaking her head at how easily he could switch from being romantic to playful in a matter of seconds.

MILTum kabhi bade nahi hoge. 😄

She laughed softly, watching the playful banter between her son and daughter-in-law. Despite her words, she was clearly fond of their light-hearted relationship.

Shreya felt a warmth in her heart as she watched Siddhart joke around. Even with all the complexities in her life, moments like these with Siddhart and her family made everything feel a little easier. She was grateful for these little moments of joy that helped distract her from the heavier thoughts she had been carrying.

This is it for today!! Stay tuned for more twists, and turns. Don't forget to like, comment, and spread the love! 🤗❤️ Until next time, stay happy, stay healthy! 🌈😊 #ShreyaSidChronicles