i

*intercom crackles*

"Good morning Abbott Elementary! Teachers please meet me in the library in ten minutes. And don't keep me waiting, I don't have all day."

Omniscient

"What could Ava possibly want today?" Melissa asked as she and Barbara walked down the hallway.

"Who knows. Whatever it is, I hope she's quick." The older woman responded as they walked into the library.

"Everyone's here? Cool, this ain't gon take long." Ava said walking in a few minutes later, her phone in her hand and someone following behind her.

"I just wanted to introduce you all to our new art teacher, Ms. Russell. I have a live auction in five minutes so get to know her or whatever." Ava said leaving the library shortly after.

"Oh, well hello everyone. My name is Alexandra Russell and as you heard I'm the new art teacher. Is she always like that?" The woman asked, as she slowly moved closer to the other teachers.

"Yep, she's... eccentric." Barbara said with a smile.

"I'm Barbara Howard, I teach kindergarten. It's lovely to meet you." She continued before shaking the other woman's hand.

"Lovely to meet you as well. She didn't tell me where my class would be, do you mind helping me navigate my way there?" Alexandra asked timidly as she adjusted her bag on her shoulder.

"It's actually time for me to get my class from gym but I'm sure Melissa wouldn't mind showing you the way there. Isn't that right Melissa?"

Melissa's head shot up from her phone as she finally tuned into the conversation at the last moment. She glanced at Alexandra before shrugging and putting her phone away.

"Sure why not. Ready to go?" She asked moving her glasses to the top of her head.

"After you." Alexandra said as she stepped to the side to let Melissa pass. She followed behind her quietly before moving to stand next to her in the hallway.

"So where you from? England or something?" Melissa asked as they walked.

"I lived there but I'm from Guyana."

"What made you move here?" Melissa asked, folding her arms over her chest.

"Just didn't feel like home anymore. Decided to find a new one." Alexandra lied smoothly.

"Hm, well here's your stop. My room's right across the hall and Barb's is a little further down. Don't hesitate to ask her for help." Melissa said as she stopped walking abruptly.

"Thank you. I'm not sure what your schedules like but whenever you want to drop the kids off and have an hour to yourself let me know." Alexandra said with a light smile before waving and going inside her class room.

"I mean she's cool. Her accent's a little weird to me but she probably thinks the same about me." Melissa laughed as she spoke to the camera.

"Well it's not quite what I was expecting but so far so good. The people I've met have been nice so far, hopefully the kids are the same way." Alexandra said, smiling as she spoke to the camera for the first time.

"I think I'll like it here."

~~~~

ngl i want to write this whole book in third person but idk. this chapter was short though so ill try to make them longer.

unless yall like the little short ones. lmk