𓇼.ೃSomething Fishy࿔*:・

𓆞 𓆝 𓆟𓆝,𓂁,☀𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

As both of you progressed down the concrete ramp barefoot, the smell of sunscreen and wet rocks drew you in. The road had a rock sidewalk that proceeded down a slope to the side and proceeded to merge into the sand as both of you stopped, the concrete seemingly burning your feet, but Julie was still chugging away at her drink, occasionally licking her lips and licking her fingers, not caring a single bit.

Is she really comfortable doing that in public? Would anyone care? Can you really get THAT comfortable in town?

You shook your own thoughts out and you watched her progress into the sand and make her way through the beach, it was quite quiet but still lively in the beach, just a couple people here and there, no one much. You did notice a yoga class happening in the distance, the teacher in the front, slightly distanced from her students was mostly noticeable, her multi-coloured feathers really gave it away.

"C'mon sunshine!" Julie squeaked in the distance, a couple feet in front of you. Clutching your drink tight, you stepped into the sand. It melted away at your toes and it felt rather comfy, you could stand there forever, like your feet were receiving a warm hug. You dug your toes in even more until your ankles were covered, ohh myyy goshhh did that feel good.

"SUNSHINE." Julie called impatiently but still in a docile tone, "Hurry up!"

You looked up, rather shaken by her tone, but her soft eyes dissuaded you of any aggression. You rose and proceeded to follow her.

She let you catch up and started speaking as you both made a direct walk to the waters where the ocean would softly lick the sand.

"Like it here so far?"

"It's good I guess..." You took a long sip until you could hear croaks from the straw.

"Ah..." Julie stretched her arms and groaned in agreement, "This town is pretty laid back, my father would host a lot of barbecues and meat-lovers dinners with almost half the town."

"Dang that sounds like... alot."

"Well, not much, this town is pretty small, that's what makes it better, and the beach belongs to this town only, only residents of this town are allowed, that's what I like, a nice cozy beach void of crowd but rather close friends and family." Julie's eyes were half-lidded and she looked around, admiring her fellow neighbors and residents and offered a couple waves and smiles.

She looked over at you, looking through the clear cover of the lid using your straw to try scraping the rest of the drink to sip it up, she assumed you heard her, but even if you didn't, she didn't mind since she could already see how much you're enamored over the food of this place, a nice way to convince someone to stay, "Well, remind Howdy, that's the usual Sunshine! He'll have it over to you in a heartbeat or less!" She giggled, her soft high pitched giggles.

Luckily there was some remaining drink at the bottom, you felt happy there was a little left, you looked in the drink with one eye and was ready to sip the rest. But you suddenly felt an exploding ache on your leg, and was sent tumbling in the sand, hitting your shoulder and landing on your back in the sand, winding you almost immediately, you dropped your drink as well, sand getting into it and ruining it.

You could hear yelling and a loud distanced "Sorry!!"

Your ears were ringing, all you could hear from Julie was "Really??...you....Sunshine?" Your hearing went in and out, and suddenly Julie was pulling you up to your feet, patting you down to get the dust off, she patted your back, your ass and your head to get the dust off, she was rather a bit aggressive with it, "Gotta get all this sand off... are you alright Y/N?"

"Ughh....what happened..." You rubbed your head and gestured to her to stop as you on your own was picking sand off your tongue.