CHAPTER 28

Shehnaaz stilled at his words. Panting hard she turned her head around to look at him. She was still naked in his arms but nothing seemed to bother her anymore.

"Really, Siddharth? You really mean it?" Her eyes wide with hope.

"I love you Shehnaaz Siddiqui. It took me almost 40 years to fall in love and I'm so glad that it's you. I couldn't have asked for a better partner. I am so lucky." And he kissed her. Full on the mouth. He didn't care that the kiss was mingled with her salty tears. He kissed her with all his passion and love.

Shehnaaz laughed through her tears. They were happy tears finally. She embraced him tightly. Tonight was perhaps the happiest moment of her short life.

"Oh my god, I can't believe it! This feels unreal!"

"It's very real, jaan. Better believe it." Lifting her up in his arms he placed her on the bed and then laid down next to her. They lay facing each other, just inches apart. His fingers caressed her delicate features. She looked even more beautiful. She was positively glowing. He kissed her breasts.

"You know, I remember only Abbu and Ammi ever telling me they love me. Jo bhi thode bahaut memories hai unmein se yeh yaad hai. Unke baad kisine bhi nahin kaha mujhse yeh. Until you. Siddharth, main aap ko bata bhi nahin sakti main kya feel kar rahi hoon abhi. Allah ne aap ko na, bahaut sabr se banaya hai. Aur shayad woh bhi mere liye." Tears trickled down her eyes as she looked at him, full of love.

"Accident ke baad, mujhe humesha se lagta tha ki zindagi bahaut zalim hai aur aagey bhi hogi. But jab se aap mere life mein aaye ho I feel- I feel, jaise life itni bhi buri nahin hai. Main sab kuch daba ke rakhti thi andar. Hasti thi but zyada hasne se bhi darr ti thi kyunki lagta tha ki shayad baad mein bas rona hi ho. But it's not like that with you at all. You make me so happy! You make me hope! You've almost given me a new life! "

"Bas, bas, bas, mera bachha. Rona nahi, rona nahi." said Siddharth as he continuously wiped the tears that kept spilling out of her eyes.

"You are my family, now. The love, care and respect you have given me, maine shayad kabhi zikr nahin kiya hai, but nobody has ever given me that. When I'm with you, I feel beautiful. I feel loved. Important and wanted. Like I matter too, you know. At least kisi ke liye toh I'm valuable. I respect you so much, Siddharth. Aap mere liye sab kuch ho. Allah ke saath." Siddharth felt overwhelmed .and his chest pricked with emotion. Nobody had ever, ever said such simple, yet powerful words to him. They shook him to the core. To see her devotion and love for him. Almost putting him on a pedestal!

"Shh. Chup. Chup. Don't say anything anymore. Tujhe koi idea bhi nahin hai what you and your words are doing to me right now. I'm shaking inside. I've never felt this way before in all my almost 40 years of life! You. You make me feel alive Shehnaaz. You tell me I make you feel important? Baby aaj tak meri apni family ne bhi shayad itna feel nahin karaya hoga mujhe jitna tu karati hai. With you Shehnaaz, I'm so free. I can be myself without judgement, without fear. You make me feel like the luckiest person alive. Tere saath mere jo emotions aate hai na aaj tak apne family ke liye bhi nahin aaye hai. I've always lived life on my family's terms, Shehnaaz. But with you I have dared to live for myself! To live for my own happiness! What you have done for me is far greater than what I can ever do for you. Kitna bada hu main tere se phir bhi I learnt how to live life on my own terms from you! Itni si hai tu! Kahan se laati hai tu so much courage? Sher hai tu, mera bachha!"

Despite her tears, Shehnaaz let out his favourite sound- her giggle. "Main bachhi nahin hoon!"

"Hai tu. Chhota bachha." And snuggled his nose into her neck, tickling her.

"Siddhaaaaarth nai na!"

"Shehnaaaaaz" he whined, imitating her and earning a smack on his chest.

"Acha ok, only my bachha." And saying so he hovered over her, making sure not to put all his weight on her delicate body. "Now no more crying. I'm not done with you. So open up and let me love you," He rasped. And he did. He worshipped her that whole night, until exhausted they both fell asleep, legs and bodies tangled into one another.