24.

The air hummed with electricity as Anaïs and Fred stood close, their breath mingling in the dimly lit room. Their eyes met, speaking volumes without a single word. Fred's hand found Anaïs's waist, pulling her gently closer as their lips met in a soft, lingering kiss.

Anaïs's heart raced as she melted into Fred's embrace, his touch sending tingles down her spine. His fingers traced delicate patterns along her skin, igniting a fire that spread through her entire being. With each caress, she felt herself surrendering to the growing heat between them.

Their kisses grew more urgent, a silent conversation of desire and longing. Anaïs's hands roamed freely, exploring the contours of Fred's body as they moved together in a sensual dance. The room seemed to fade away, leaving only the two of them lost in their shared passion.

(...)

The days passed in a blur for Anaïs and Fred, each moment filled with the bittersweet ache of impending separation. But amidst the sadness, they also found moments of pure joy—moments where they could simply be together, wrapped up in the warmth of their love.

They spent lazy mornings in bed, tangled limbs and whispered promises filling the air. Anaïs would trace lazy circles on Fred's chest, her touch gentle and affectionate, while he would brush soft kisses along her neck, his love for her written in every caress.

They took long walks along the beach, hand in hand, the salty breeze ruffling their hair. They laughed and talked, sharing stories and dreams as they strolled along the shore, the crashing waves providing a soothing backdrop to their conversation.

They cooked meals together, experimenting with new recipes and flavors, their laughter filling the kitchen as they chopped vegetables and stirred pots. And when dinner was ready, they would sit down at the table, savoring each bite as if it were their last, knowing that soon they would have to say goodbye.

They danced in the moonlight, twirling and spinning in each other's arms, lost in the music and the magic of the moment. Anaïs would rest her head on Fred's shoulder, her heart overflowing with love as they moved together in perfect harmony.

And as the days turned into weeks, they cherished every moment they had together, knowing that soon their time would come to an end. But for now, they were content to simply be in each other's arms, their love a beacon of light in the darkness, guiding them through the long days until they could be together again.

One morning, Anaïs woke to find Fred already awake, a mischievous glint in his eyes as he leaned over her, planting soft kisses along her jawline.

"Good morning, sleepyhead," he whispered, his voice tinged with affection.

Anaïs groaned, burying her face in the pillow. "Too early," she mumbled, though a smile tugged at the corners of her lips.

Fred chuckled, his fingers tracing lazy patterns on her bare arm. "Come on, love. The sun's shining, the birds are singing. It's a perfect day for adventure."

Anaïs peeked out from beneath the covers, her eyes sparkling with mischief. "Or a perfect day for staying in bed," she countered, reaching out to pull him closer.

But Fred shook his head, his grin widening. "No way. We've got a whole world out there waiting for us to explore."

And so, with Fred's hand clasped firmly in hers, Anaïs reluctantly dragged herself out of bed and into the bright morning sunshine.

They spent the day wandering through the quaint streets of the village, hand in hand, their laughter ringing out like music in the air. They stopped at a local bakery for pastries, licking the sugary frosting from their fingers as they walked.

Fred turned to her as they continued their walk through the village, the sun ready to set below the horizon. He smiled and then leaned in to whisper against her hair, "I love you so much."

Anaïs smiled, feeling her heart swell with love for this man who had stolen her heart. "Me too," she whispered, pressing a kiss to his cheek.

And as they watched the colors of the sky fade into darkness, Anaïs and Fred knew that no matter where life took them, they would always have these precious moments together—moments of pure joy and unbridled love that would sustain them through the long months of separation ahead.

(...)

Anaïs stood before the mirror, her fingers trembling as she fastened the buttons of her blouse. Beside her, Fred watched in silence, his expression a mirror of her own sadness.

"I'm going to miss you so much," Anaïs whispered, her voice thick with emotion.

Fred turned to her, his eyes shining with unshed tears. "I know," he said softly, reaching out to brush a stray lock of hair from her face. "And I'm going to miss you like hell. But time will fly by, and before you know it, you'll be back home. And there I'll be, more handsome than ever, and so in love with you I won't be able to keep myself from kissing you the second I see you."

Anaïs couldn't help but smile at his words, her heart swelling with love for this man who had captured her heart in ways she never thought possible. "I'll hold you to that," she teased, though the sadness in her voice betrayed her true feelings.

Fred pulled her into his arms, holding her close as if he never wanted to let her go. "We'll get through this," he murmured, his voice thick with emotion. "Together."

Anaïs nodded, her own tears mingling with his as they held onto each other, drawing strength from the bond that had grown between them. And as they stood there, wrapped in each other's embrace, they knew that no matter how far apart they may be, their love would endure—a beacon of hope in the darkness, guiding them back to each other's arms.

(...)

As Anaïs and Fred stood there, hand in hand, they both felt the weight of the decision they had made. It wasn't easy to say goodbye, knowing that they wouldn't see each other for another six months. But they also knew that it was necessary, a sacrifice they had to make for their own individual journeys.

With a heavy sigh, Anaïs pulled Fred into a tight embrace, burying her face in his chest. She breathed in his familiar scent, trying to memorize every detail of this moment before they had to part ways.

"I love you," she whispered, her voice muffled against his shirt.

"I love you too," Fred replied, his arms tightening around her. "More than you'll ever know."

They held onto each other for a few moments longer, drawing strength from the warmth of their embrace. But eventually, they knew they had to let go. With one final kiss, Anaïs and Fred reluctantly pulled away from each other, their eyes locking in a silent promise to reunite one day.

As Anaïs made her way to the door, she glanced back at Fred one last time, her heart heavy with longing. But as she stepped out into the unknown, she also felt a sense of hope—a belief that no matter how far apart they may be, their love would endure, guiding them back to each other's arms in the end.

Meanwhile, Fred stood alone in the room, watching Anaïs's retreating figure with a mixture of sadness and determination. He took a deep breath, steeling himself for the journey ahead. With a flick of his wand, he summoned the portkey that would take him back to England, back to the life he had temporarily left behind.

As he grasped the portkey in his hand, Fred closed his eyes and whispered a silent prayer for Anaïs's safe travels. And then, with a surge of magic, he disappeared from the room, leaving behind nothing but the echo of their love lingering in the air.