第31章 - Blossom Renascence

"It's all your fault..."

Flames raged on. Engulfing everything into their fiery embrace. The sight was a spectacle of destruction and ruin.

The village had been burned down to the ground. Dead bodies lay sprawled across the ground, their lives having long faded away from their eyes. A white-haired woman lays amidst burning debris. Her body is broken and her clothes tattered.

Those blank and lifeless blue eyes that stared off into the dark sky without blinking remained still, like a broken mirror reflecting the tragedy that swallowed the once peaceful sanctuary.

"I arrived too late..."

Amidst the burning embers, a lone step is heard. The fire burning on the wood underneath is extinguished under the feet that stepped onto it.

A lone figure navigates their way through the chaos, flames rising up to the sky with no intention of stopping. The person is tall and is shrouded in a black cloak. Their identity remains hidden behind a mask. A noh mask.

Long, unkempt strands of white hair cascade down their shoulders, reaching down to their waist

In their left hand rests a large sword, reminiscent of an odachi. The scabbard is a white colour, which now appears orange in the ember ambiance. Intricate patterns resembling red flames adorn the pristine wood, accompanied by designs resembling ribs and flowers near the tip of the scabbard which is covered in a sharpened metal.

The figure stops, coming across another figure standing amidst this scenery of hellish carnage.

A beautiful woman with flowing pink locks. Two long ears rest on top of her head, a clear indication of her inhuman nature.

Hugging her body was an attire seemingly inspired from the attire worn by a shrine maiden, although more revealing

Hugging her body was an attire seemingly inspired from the attire worn by a shrine maiden, although more revealing. A red obi kept her white sleeveless robe in place, the obi itself kept in place by a white and red shimenawa.

Instead of a red hakama, her lower body was covered by a pink skirt with checkered patterns. A belt hangs around her waist, carrying a pair of Daisho swords. One of which was in her hands. The blade drips with blood.