PART 15

Hey Readers!
So on a request of one of the readers, this is part with the POV of Saanvi's family.

Happy Reading!

Author's POV:

"Divya have you had a talk with Saanvi?" Dishthi asked her daughter.

"No mom I talked to her last a couple of days back. That too over text" Divya replied

Dishthi, Divya and Ritesh were sitting on the terrace enjoying the weather. As it rained an hour ago the weather turned cold and beautiful.

"She must be busy Dishthi. Don't worry" Ritesh said with a sigh.

He knows his daughter. She has always been the quiet one, always hiding and keeping things to herself. But after going to the college she changed. Yeah when she was living with them then also she never used to talk much with everyone, but after shifting to Mumbai, she shut down everyone completely.

If they called then only she used to talk to them, else she never called them herself. She closed herself in a bigger shell this time.

"She always does this. Never talking to anyone straightly" Dishthi huffed "Why don't you scold her Ritesh ji. After going to Mumbai she has become like this, I told you not to leave her alone"

"And do you think she would have agreed if we stopped her from going?" He raised a brow.

"But still dad. It's the 3rd summer when she didn't come home. She is thinking of herself too much now that she lives alone. Amika is the same age as her, but she isn't dying for the work experience like her" Divya said a matter of fact.

"You don't know your sister at all huh Divya" she frowned at her father "She is your sister, but have you ever made her feel that way?"

"What do you mean dad" she asked unable to understand.

"You are always busy with Amika and Arjun. You three have made a group which Saanvi is never a part of. Have you ever thought how she must have felt being left out?" His question made her think.

"Dad it's not us who's the problem. Saanvi never indulges herself in anything. She is always busy with her phone or laptop or herself. She has isolated herself and as much as we tried to include her in things. But she never participated as much" Divya said with a sigh.

"She is right Ritesh ji. Saanvi ne khudko ham sabse itja dur kar liya hai na ki kabhi kabhi to aisa lagta hi nahi hai ki vo is ghar ki beti hai"

"And what did you guys do to make her feel at home? Dishthi I live abroad so I have no say in matters like this. Because as a father I was never there in her life but I know her enough. The problem isn't in her, the problem is in us" he raised his voice which was something rare.

"Dad clapping is not done with one hand. She needs to cooperate dad. But she just doesn't want to. She comes home only during diwali or Christmas vacation or any other leave which is short. She just doesn't want to stay here with us for long" Divya said

"Divya is right. Ever since she left home, she secluded herself from everyone. She doesn't talk to even Yash anymore" (yash is Saanvi's maternal uncle's son, her brother)

"You both don't want to understand the thing. Just stop every other thought and remember the last time you or anyone in the family made her feel at home" saying he went downstairs with a sigh.

The reason Ritesh agreed to send Saanvi away was because he saw what no one in the family could. She was lonely and had no friends, anywhere. So he decided to send his daughter away for her happiness.

After he left, Divya and Dishthi fell into silence. They both tried to remember things they never paid attention to.

Divya remembered the times when she ignored her own sister for her cousins. The times when Saanvi asked her for something but she denied but got everything for Amika and Arjun.

Dishthi remembered the times she took stand for Divya but not for Saanvi. The times when she refused to Saanvi for things.

"Mom did we really send her away ourselves" Divya asked still in her thoughts.

"Yeah maybe your father is right. But what do we do now?"

"Hmm I was thinking we should visit her. Just you me and dad, she will be happy to see us. It's been long since we 4 went out"

"Yeah it's....." Dishthi was cut off in between by Amika and Arjun who came to the terrace.

"Tai maa Di look at this. There is this group who are organizing a trip, why don't we go Di?" Amika said excitedly.

"Di just tell her that we just came back from a trip. Now she wants to go to another trip. Padhai karle thodi" Arjun smacked her head.

"Aye Arjun don't hit her she is the youngest of this house. If she wants to go then you three should go" Dishthi said caressing Amika's head and she showed tongue to her brother.

"Okay so Amika Arjun we are going because this looks exciting. Next year who knows we will be able to go or not" Divya said with a smile.

"I was thinking to ask Saa..." Arjun said but Amika cut him. He just shook his head.

"Di see na this, there are a list of hotels. I searched for everything, and this Hillock one is perfect. The view is good and everything is nearby"  Amika got everyone included in the talk.

This time again Divya forgot about Saanvi, favoring Amika. She again forgot about her own sister and chose her cousins over her.

Amika on the other hand, intentionally changed the subject when Arjun tried to include Saanvi in their plan. Being of the same age, Saanvi and Amika never got along. Everytime someone bought something for Saanvi, Amika wanted it for herself. She used to cry so hard that the family used to take the thing away from Saanvi and gave it to Amika. They never cared about Saanvi's feelings.

Saanvi was born 3 moths before Amika was born. So she got every attention first and she never liked it. Everyone told her that Saanvi is her elder sister and she hated this fact. She wanted everything Saanvi had, including her family. Whatever she said they agreed to it, and she made sure that Saanvi wouldn't get what she wants.

All this affected Saanvi more than anything. She understood the intentions of Amika but she couldn't do anything about it. Because family always favored her and being the youngest she was pampered a lot.

The family let Saanvi rot while they showered their love to Divya (because she was the eldest), Arjun (because he was the only son) and Amika (because she was the youngest), and ignored her like she was no one.

More events happened and Saanvi built a shell around herself. She isolated herself from everyone. She found solace in being alone. And when she got the opportunity, she left the home and stayed away from there like a plague.

To be continued...

🌸🦋🌸🦋🌸🦋🌸🦋🌸🦋🌸🦋🌸🦋🌸

Hey Readers!

So here's a sneak peak into Saanvi's past.

Amika ko koi gali nahi dega. To shuru ho jao 😡😌

Who else thinks Amika's a bitch 🙋‍♀️

My poor Saanu baby 🥹🤧

The next part will be available on scrollstack tomorrow which costs Rs. 10

See you sooner.