Ch 2: New Generation

Rain's POV.

Here I am sitting on a chair while having a nice cup of hot coffee while watching the two arguing about on what Ozma did earlier.

After that robbery heist, Ozma talked to the girl whom I found out that her name is Ruby Rose. She's from Signal Academy and here to become a Huntress. She also told us that her sister is here in Beacon who's going to start her year here.

Ozma and I sees the old Rose on her so I am not surprise when he decided to take the little girl on Beacon which she will skip a few years on Signal Academy.

Glynda didn't like that but she doesn't have a choice. After that shenanigan. Glynda and Ozma started a debate.

"She's too young to be a huntress. What will the other students think if we let her come to Beacon?". Glynda said.

"You've seen her fight, Glynda. And knowing that Qrow is the who trained her and weilding the most dangerous weapon ever designed so firm and handy, she's ready to be a huntress.".

"But still..she's only a child.".

"A child that will bring hope and hold peace to Remnant.". Ozma said and took a sip on his coffee. "Isn't that right, Rain?".

"She's fearless and also a reckless one. I'd say we have to watch her closely and make sure that she will be a well refined huntress under our care.". I said and put the empty mug on the table before looking at the two with a serious gaze. "I wanted to keep my promise to her as much as possible tho I cannot let her child's unique potential be at waste.".

"Indeed. She may be our last hope when things gets out of hand.". Ozma said.

I raised a brow on his statement. And replied "Do not rely to her more, Ozma. Remember, it is our duty to defend humanity not hers. And even so you abandoned your mission once more, I won't let the child be everyone's mere tool.". I added, making him smile bitterly.

"I know that Rain. I assure you that won't happen again.". Ozma said.

I looked at him with that sheepish smile of his. I sighed and asked both of them if I can leave and rest in my dorm. They both calmly dismisses me and me being a lazy bastard, just used my power to teleport on my room and lay down on the bed.

I slowly closed my eyes, inhaled the cold wind around my room and exhales in exhaustion. Did he really meant that? No. He's not. He abandoned the mission for Remnant knows how many times, I can't trust him.

I didn't trust that hero since the beginning..

Now that her child is here in Beacon, I know he will keep his eyes on her. And I will make sure he won't used her just on what he did to her.

I have a promise to keep..and a duty to fulfill on.

TIMESKIP

Today's the day to have newly half baked warriors will be here at the Academy. I saw the Vale Airship landing on the docks and within a few minutes, the passengers slowly walking out to the airship. I teleported to the entrance of the Academy and watched as the new students coming in. Within a few moments, I saw a familiar girl along with a blonde girl admiring the place very well.

Then the blonde girl bolted out with her friends, leaving the little girl behind. She seems nervous and doesn't have any companions around so I walk towards her to make a greeting but she falls backwards into a luggage cart, sending cases flying. Someone is standing over her.

"What are you doing?!". Someone yelled out of nowhere.

When I looked to the person who yelled, my eyes slightly widened at the familiar features that I saw.